Best grill/stove combo

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Like the title says I am looking for the best, within reason, grill stove/combo.
I would prefer white gas but am open to propane fueled ones as well.
I am looking to consolidate from two units to one for truck travel so it would need to be somewhat compact. That is to say not the size of a suitcase.
1 burner is fine but would consider two if the size is right....
The idea is to cook two steaks and a pot of rice at once.
I have looked around and read lots of reviews but nothing really gets me excited. One model I read a review about had several people mention the grill actually melts when you use it.
So I am looking for real world use from people who tend to use them a lot.
What holds up and what to stay away from?
Oh ya. One other requirement it would have to work from below freezing to 100 deg F and from 3500 to over 12,000 ft.
Thanks
Darrell

Honu

lost on the mainland
I would say cook the rice let it sit and cook the steaks on a cast iron setup ? that way you could get away with a single burner maybe ?
or get two single so you can separate them for more room since often pans get in the way of each other on smaller dual setups also its kinda like having a backup :)
seems anything I tried in the small cheap grills never work well and the ones that do are maybe a bit larger than you want

the Snow peak Baja Burners are nice cause they are quite stable with heavier items on them like a cast iron pan that I do have experience with but no experience with it over 7000 feet ?

JKJenn

Adventurer
I use a Coleman Roadtrip Grill that has griddle accesories. It is bigger, granted, but I love it. They are easily had on CL, too.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Real world use here but not small by any means..
My set up is a 20K BTU 2 burner stove ATS50 campchef and Grill
I have used it on 22F at 11K elevation... No worries what so ever....in 4+ years...

shov3lbum

Adventurer
I'll second the coleman roadtrip grill, excellent design, little bit bigger yes, but man can it cook up steaks! Nice, heavy cast iron griddles hold heat really well. Can get a hose to use with a standard 15 lb tank or just use the canisters which last a long time as it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke