GoPro Hero3 is junk

Leipo

a tip that solved almost all my Hero 3 black freezes and problems:

manually update to the latest firmware

that means: download the firmware without your GoPro attached to your PC, copy firmware to your (properly formatted) SD-card, insert SD card into GoPro and let the camera start it's update cycle

Haven't had a problem since :wings:

Finlay

Triarius
Yeah, even with the latest firmware upgrades. The situation is improved, but I can reliably lock the camera up when using the android remote app over wifi. Also, the wifi preview works, except when it doesn't and good luck getting it to work again without pulling the camera battery, and doing a hard kill on the app.

Super annoying when it happens.

trailscape

Explorer
I was hoping to use my REI dividend this year to purchase a GoPro. Hopefully their return policy still makes it worthwhile.

ywen

Explorer
the gopro 3 plus (note i said plus) is the latest model.. it fixes the locking up issue of the go pro 3 (w/o plus). i have the plus model and really like it. have never experienced lock ups using it to film my kid. but i dont keep it running to film out the windshield while driving a vehicle.

the key is to purchase a memory card approved by gopro. they list it out on the website

60Dan

Explorer
Just picked up a Hero 3+ Silver edition from REI today.

So .... What the official word on getting this gadget to work properly?

Havent even taken it out the box yet, will wait see what you all say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94