How many chocolate chip cookies can you eat in one sitting? Overland unrelated

• Total voters

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
Have you considered a snorkel?

the last thing you want is a hydro lock
really refreshing to see something diffenert out there

nice pictures so far, loving the beer / wood splitting shot

I have a buddy that welded metal tabs onto the side of his truck bed for racks then put his topper on over that you could weld some sort of configuration onto the back end...
or make some sort of rack syestem off of the spare tire carrier.... you could also consinder mounting some sort of hitch and making a platform off of that

speaking of things to add... have you thought about a winch ???
at the very least you shoudl carry a full recovery set of straps and suck
get really good at self recovery, sounds like where your going, its going to be you, and the wife.......

nice job on the inside, when your putting th einside together, know that you are going to have to use every inch of roooom
think of it like your going backpacking, pack light

finallllly in terms of were to carry things, consinder getting a set of extended roof rack bars a foot on either side of the RTT will add a lot of space, figure out a way to extend those bars and keep the RTT and you might have room for a small rocket box and other racks..

newworld2004

Adventurer
Chassis and drivetrain is good. It is basically a 2 door Trooper with suspension tweaks. Many of the parts are shared with other Isuzu's.
Body parts are non-existant new. Very limited production run vehicle. Bust the body and you are looking for used parts in the wrecking yard. Good luck with that.
don't want to stir away the original discussion, however base on your opinion it isn't recommend to buy ? since limited supply for body part. I am imagine since only 3000 were imported to U.S not that many in wrecking yard yet. also since engine is 3.5 L it this GM engine or Isuzu Japan made? I know 3.5 do burn/uses OIL.

thx

Ala5ka

VX'er
I have decided that the best thing I can do in this point is to leave the truck mostly stock. It gets wheeled a little but mostly out to camp sites. For that reason I am in the mid stages of building a trailer build pics to come. List of mods so far to the VX
OME 3" lift progressive springs
Tepui RTT
Storage drawers rear
Bed lined rear cargo area
Custome cromo bumper
Cut cladding to accept sliders, bumpers, articulation
GPS electrical whiz bangs throughout
Lift points all over
General AT2 tires
Vision x perimeter lights on Ram mounts

Still needed:
Vinyl wrap
Vision x light bar
Aluminum skid plates hopefully featured on an episode of Discoverys Wild West Alaska o which I am a cast member :)

Trailer needs:
Axle hung
Rims and tires
Lights
Registration
Mount RTT

Any other suggestions? I have all of the basic camping stuff covered just not in the trails yet

Ala5ka

VX'er
went out to Seward last weekend with the new trailer (that I built!) Just a reminder that the VX is still there and I'm always working on it :)

1012105_379946612105996_1619335834_n.jpg

1000132_382567148510609_234364180_n.jpg

21386_382567228510601_805821783_n.jpg

Ala5ka

VX'er
So we have decided not to wait till April and we are leaving on Friday!

Vinyl wrap won't make it fast enough, so we've done some crappy vinyl stickers
ditched the trailer
packed everything inside
everything is pretty rag tag but our journey this year is going to take us at least 5K miles before the snow flies

watch our planning stages and our facebook page

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/116068-VehiCROSS-America

we'll post when we leave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles