two parents, three younglings and a pug going south

I know I'm resurrecting an old post, but just wanted to update you kind folks on our whereabouts... We're in Baja, just arrived in our favorite city of La Paz yesterday. We just spent a week free camping at Playa Tecolote and we're here to take showers, get supplies and hop on the hostel's wifi.
Myrtle, our trusty truck has seen a bit of a change. Gone are the Grandby and pickup bed. She now has a flatbed with an 8ft Alaskan Cabover. I had storage boxes fitted to the sides.
So far she's been doing well, except for the fan clutch going out in in San Diego. The engine didn't overheat (I'll attribute that to the Water Wetter I put in the rad) but the fuel pump relay did and we were a'sputtering across the border. Once in Ensenada, I walked into a auto parts store, asked for a "embrague de ventilador" to which the clerk said "un fan clutch, para tu 89 f350? si, lo tenemos, 750 pesos" (about 55 bucks) and 10 minutes later I left with an AMERICAN MADE fan clutch. The next day I was on the beach, installing it while the younglings were playing in the sand... Couldn't get better than that.
Anyway, my wife's blogging about the trip, and taking a lot of pictures. Read up on it if you'd like,
http://withalittemoxie.com

Sounds a fun trip. I would like to follow along but your link is not working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier