I wish they still advertised vehicles with the words studhorse, and tank-tough.
"For unstoppable, grab-hold-and-go power, professional 4-wheelers depend on the TOYOTA LAND CRUISER. It's the rugged pro-rig that goes where the others get hung up. Only TOYOTA - world's champion of 4-wheel drives in 78 countries - gives you the BIG 6:
TRADE UP TO TOYOTA'S BIG 6
1. POWER 6 - cylinder, 135-studhorse engine
2. SPEED cruises 85 mph on the highway all day long
3. GRADEABILITY only 4-wheel drive that climbs 67% grades
4. HI-LO GEARING 9 forward, 3 reverse gear combinations
5. RUGGEDNESS heavy duty, tank-tough TOYOTA construction
6. COMFORT carries 7 men on foam rubber seats, plus gear"
What is your favorite vintage 4x4 advertisement? Tell us here in the forum
Click "Read More" to view a few more vintage Land Cruiser ads.