Generally speaking, most of everyone uses facebook to see what their friends have been up to, see what Justin Beiber is doing, reconnect with people, or share useless pictures with funny phrases. If you're friends with Land Rover USA on facebook however, you'll have gotten some actual value from your time spent on facebook by way of their "note" about The Golden Rules for Off-Road Driving. Check them out after the jump and don't forget to like Land Rover USA on facebook.
The Golden Rules for Off-Road Driving
- Drive as slowly as possible and as fast as necessary.
- Know your vehicle's dimensions – height, weight, width, length, approach and departure angle, ramp angle, and ground clearance.
- Avoid gear changes while negotiating difficult terrain.
- Always read the ground as far ahead as you can. If it is safe to do so, walk the ground before you drive.
- Use great care when driving on loose or wet surfaces due to the reduced level of grip.
- Be prepared to admit defeat. Back off and try again, or try an alternative route.
- Avoid excessive wheelspin at all times but especially on soft ground where the vehicle can easily lose momentum and even cause environmental damage.
- Use a gentle right throttle foot.
- Always keep both hands on the wheel, even when reversing.
- Always tell someone where you're going, what route you plan to follow, and when you expect to return.
What is your favorite rule? Tell us below in the comments!