The FJ45 is one of those odd, yet incredibly practical vehicles that is hard to hate. There's always been a slight issue with owning one though, consider this—the Land Cruiser is the workhorse of the 4x4 industry, and the FJ45 pick-up is arguably the workhorse of the entire Land Cruiser line-up. They were often used in some of the harshest climates the planet has to offer while doing some of the roughest jobs you could imagine. With that being said, it's easy to imagine that it's a hard task to find one that is in fantastic shape, so usually it's required that you look for a truck that has been totally restored...and you'll pay for it. We found this 1967 FJ45 in Oceanside, California where it underwent a full frame-off restoration and received several upgrades. Do you think it's worth the $35,000 asking price? Tell us in the comments below.
According to the eBay ad, the truck has a factory PTO winch.
The Toyota 2F engine was transplanted from a FJ60 and features ceramic coated headers to reduce underhood temperatures and increase performance.
The undercarriage of the truck is literally spotless.
Here's what the seller had to say about the vehicle:
Completely torn down and built back up. Many upgrades have been done to make it more useable but keep it mosly Toyota Land Cruiser. This vehicle is in good working order and is ready to drive away.
- - Frame-off resto, powder coated frame, all body parts sand blasted and epoxy primed, painted while apart.
- - Old Man Emu suspension
- - low mile 2F from an FJ60
- - custom rear bumper with receiver
- - new seat covers and headliner
- - 33" BFG mudders
- - 4 speed on the floor, 3 speed transfer case
- - power steering from a FJ62
- - front disc brakes from a FJ55
- - Lockrite lockers front and rear
- - new emblems, several re-chromed parts
- - aluminum lined bed to make it double-walled
- - factory PTO winch
- - sliders
- - alarm
- - CB
- - bikini top and soft doors
- - sound deadening
- - rubber mats inside and out
- - high lift jack mount
- - U-bolt sliders
- - new rubber window and door seals, body mounts
- - braided steel brake lines
- - ceramic coated exhaust manifold
- - complete file of parts receipts, original sales brochure...
- - cup holders
- - sold "as is", a buyer inspection is recommended