What do you get when you combined a well-seasoned custom vehicle builder, rally lights, four wheel drive, and a winch? You get a beastly, sexy, amazing Porsche that I challenge someone to purchase and drive around the world, very, very fast. If you haven't noticed lately I've been attempting to show you some more, well, obscure overlanding vehicles. Frankly, this might be the coolest one yet. If you're a frequent eBay enthusiast, you'll know this vehicle sold a little over a year ago for over $80,000—so it's a bargain at its $70,000 pricetag now. Be sure to check out the video.
Here's what the seller has to say about this awesome vehicle:
You asked for it. You got it. You wanted an all-wheel-drive Rothmans Rally Car and here it is. You may remember July of 2010 when another 2-wheel drive 1980 Rothmans Rally Car sold to GoPro for upwards of $70,000 here on eBay. Although that car was stunning in everyway the last owner knew it needed something more. The previous owner searched the country high and low for the perfect donor and finally found an accident free, perfectly maintained, weekend driver, pilot owned, all original with every factory option 1989 1/2 Porsche 964 C4.
Meet AWD Paris......
She is an absolutely stunning freshly completed Porsche 911 Paris, Alger, Dakar Winning 953 Off Road Rally Tribute Car that has been painstakingly built over the past year from the previous order. The previous owner spent thousands and thousands of hours building her. She was built as a tribute to the winning Porsche 953 raced from Paris to Dakar in 1984 Piloted by Rene Metge and Dominique Lemoyne. Paris originally started life as a 1989 1/2 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 in PERFECT condition. She is perfectly street legal and was plated and titled in Illinois.
From my understanding there were only three (3) of these factory cars, two (2) owned by Porsche and one in private hands. Although this is a reproduction, most observers will swear this is the real deal...
Car was built with the intention of being a daily driver or a weekend warrior which means it has some very key options.
- Cruise Control
- Climate Control
- Power Mirrors
- Power Locks
- Power Windows
- Differential Lock
- Every factory option available.
Details on Paris
- Tires - Michelin ZEL 70's 16/65-15 mounted on Authentic Porsche rims.
- Wing - GT Racing 911/930 Turbo Tail.
- Brakes - Upgraded and rebuilt 964 brakes
- Suspension - Complete 4 corner KW Clubsport Coilovers (http://blog.kw-suspension.com/archives/4660)
- Steering - Power steering with factory Porsche steering rack, modified steering tie rods. Front body tub where tires would rub on tight turns was modified to accommodate lock to lock steering and increased suspension travel.
- Roll Bar - Custom fabricated by one of the leading pro-trophy-truck chassis builders in the United States. No expense spared. 1 and 3/4 inch .095 4130 chromoly. Roll Bar integrates front and rear strut tower braces and winch mounting plate.
- Custom tube clamps to allow every day easy access.
- Winch - Superwinch with remote capabilities and cockpit switch.
- External remote plug integrated into front bumper into fairlead.
- Lightpod - Removable custom lightpod attached to hood. Four (4) Hella 55 Watt motorcycle DOT fog lights internally flush mounted with external milled plastic bezels for adjustment (all stainless steel hardware), aircraft grade stainless steel turn buckles bank.
- Oil Cooling - Stainless steel oil lines and AN oil fittings for plumbing oil lines to custom mounted factory Porsche oil cooler with factory oil fan.
- Seats - Recaro adjustable racing seats with Schroths 5 point harness
- Doors - Fabricated aluminum door panels. RS America door exit straps. Porsche window switch and Porsche leather armrest all incorporated into door panel.
- Exhaust - Custom one off Meisterschaft exhaust
- Modified aluminum SC bumpers
- Custom fabricated aluminum skid plate
- Custom Fabricated skid plate for oil thermostat
- Complete custom paint job by Chicago's premiere custom shop, Autowerks of Northbrook. (www.e-autowerks.com)
- Below is a link to a short video of the car in action
You can see more photos of this car by copying and pasting the link below into your web browser.
For features and discussions on our previous build see the below listed links
The current car up for sale, Paris II was featured at the 2010 Sema Show. It was front and center as you walked towards the convention hall.
Some of you 1980's movie buffs may recognize the house where several photos were taken, Bueller, Bueller, Fry, Fry. You are not mistaken, this is one of the most iconic houses ever filmed.