If a BMW GS is a little bit too tame for your style, and a KLR a little bit too practical - maybe you should be looking at a KTM. Especially this 2004 KTM 625 SXC LC4 that is literally adventure ready as it sits. Fly into LAX, and you could be on your adventure the same day. It's totally outfitted with a variety of spares and extras, including a fantastic Renazco seat, and an 3 additional fuel tanks so you can seriously fine tune the bike for whatever adventure you decide to take it on, whether it's flying through some twisties, or on a long-haul in the middle of the desert we're sure this KTM will get you there, and keep you entertained the entire way there.
Here's what the seller had to say about the vehicle.
2004 KTM 625 LC4 SXC OVERLAND EXPEDITION READY 2575 MILES $4000.00 LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES, CA
I bought this bike in 2009 with 1800 miles on it and kept it at the Overland Journal offices for quite some time, it even appeared in the issue that reviewed helmets. It has been ridden in Arizona, Utah and Montana always trucked to location and now has a ridiculous 2575 miles. When I first bought this bike I had the suspension fully serviced in Prescott and a short time later had a full tune. It should also be noted that it is currently jetted to 5k feet above sea level. I also added Pirelli Rally Cross Tires front and rear that have less that 500 miles on them.
I'm not going to lie. I dropped it. It pitched me and threw itself to the ground.
- Custom Renazco Seat (Comfort) See photo below for small nick...
- OEM SXC Tank 3.5 gallons
- OEM SXC Seat
- OEM Enduro Tank w/ locking gas cap 5.5 gallons
- Acerbis White 5 gallon tank that goes with OEM SXC Seat
- OEM Skid Plate
- OEM Brake pads**
- OEM Air Filter**
- OEM 16T F Sprocket**
- OEM 17T Chain Damper Sheet**
- Superspox 17T F Sprocket**
- Supersprox 15T F Sprocket**
- Supersprox 43T R Sprocket
- OEM Shaft Seal Ring**
- OEM Hexagon Nut Kit M20x1.5 (Rear Sprocket)**
- OEM Tire Levers
- OEM Aux. cooling fan w/ thermostat switch.
- Baja Designs Lighting Kit
- Sylvania Silverstar Headlamp.
- Giant Loop Coyote Saddle Bag**
- Giant Loop Mojavi Saddle Bag
- YTZ14S 12v Sealed AGM battery
- Spare Tube
- Random nuts and bolts specific to KTM**
- **Indicates brand new never been used still in wrapper
This is about as turnkey a bike as you can get, I would not hesitate taking it across country tomorrow.
There is a nick in the Renazco seat , the clutch lever is bent and while it's not an issue for me the horn was taken off when I first got it and has since been lost. You would need a horn if you wanted to register it in California. I had no problem registering it in AZ without a horn.
So $4K gets you into a pretty damn nice bike with a lot of extras to keep it going for you and get you where you want to go.