What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Decided to forgo making a mount and bought a powertank mount for the propane tank. Took a piece of 1.5" tubing, drilled some holes, welded in some threaded bungs, welded to my swing arm and mounted the tank bracket. Much needed, tired of dealing with the tank in the back of the cargo area. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, you get the idea. We've seen this mount hundreds of times.

IMG_1387.jpgIMG_1388.jpg

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Decided to forgo making a mount and bought a powertank mount for the propane tank. Took a piece of 1.5" tubing, drilled some holes, welded in some threaded bungs, welded to my swing arm and mounted the tank bracket. Much needed, tired of dealing with the tank in the back of the cargo area. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, you get the idea. We've seen this mount hundreds of times.

View attachment 146215View attachment 146216

Nicely done. What size tank and bracket? I'm looking to mount a 10 lb fiberglass tank to my teardrop trailer.

BuckeyeBullet

Observer
DirtBound hoops

I finally got around to welding the rest of the bull bar hoops on today. Weather was just warm enough to be outside and sunny. Most of the bumper is made out of scrap steel I picked up at a junkyard, but I splurged and bought the hoop kit from DirtBount Offroad. Had to massage the notches a little for it to fit right but I'm happy with it.

DSC08141sm.jpg

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
New tires!

20130223_144851_zpse78eb47e.jpg

I love you keep the Gray Grizzly wheels. I always wished when I started building my TJ way back when That I have Keep them and just a 33 10.50 r15 instead of the eagle alloy I got. Looks Great.

Sggilbert

Adventurer
I finally got around to welding the rest of the bull bar hoops on today. Weather was just warm enough to be outside and sunny. Most of the bumper is made out of scrap steel I picked up at a junkyard, but I splurged and bought the hoop kit from DirtBount Offroad. Had to massage the notches a little for it to fit right but I'm happy with it.

View attachment 146835

Looks good man, I bought the whole weld yourself bumper kit from them, they were a great outfit to deal with.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
The only thing I did today was add a set of daystar hood straps on my JK. Hopefully these will keep the hood from acting like it is going to depart the jeep when it's windy!
Friday night I sold te factory hard top, tomorrow I order a new top and wait impatiently... ;)
Until then my Jeep will spend a lot of time in the garage while its still raining here!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The only thing I did today was add a set of daystar hood straps on my JK. Hopefully these will keep the hood from acting like it is going to depart the jeep when it's windy!
Friday night I sold te factory hard top, tomorrow I order a new top and wait impatiently... ;)
Until then my Jeep will spend a lot of time in the garage while its still raining here!

They work like a champ. Had a set on my LJ before installing the Drake kit.

206WJ

Observer
Washed it!! Does that count??

Attachments

• WP_20130304_003.jpg
    WP_20130304_003.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 19
  • WP_20130304_004.jpg
    WP_20130304_004.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads