Best battery for JK with fridge

GFA

Adventurer
So I broke down and finally bought a fridge, an indel b 51. My stock battery is going on 4 yrs now so I'm going to be replacing it before my next trip with the fridge. I have no plans at the moment for adding a dual batt setup and it will be driven every day the fridge is used so I'm just looking for the best batt to fit the stock hold down. Optima's are out, had too many that we're total junk in the past. I've heard good thing about the die hard platinum but don't even see them on Sears' website.

What are my best options?

SB

jaxs1984

Adventurer
I have an 09 JK and upgraded to the Sears die hard platinum. I purchased it at the local Sears by my house. I added multiple lights and winch to my jeep and just connected it to the battery. I haven't had any problems, but I don't use my accessories alot. It will also depend on how your going to connect the battery to the fridge. I know that the ARB fridge shuts off if it detects the battery is below starting power, etc.. I'n not sure about indel b . If your concerned, then just purchase a battery jumper.

sickchilly

Observer
I had two of these in my JK. Just one would be plenty for your needs. Hopefully that fridge does have low voltage shutoff.
http://m.sears.com/index-g.html#/details/guest/02850134000P?source=online

steve_r2

Oddyssey or Die Hard Platinum...no question. Just wish I could get either where I live as is I am using Optima Yellow at the moment.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
I have a ARB 50 in my JKUR and had the same question as you, I went with the die hard platinum and have been happy. It will power my frig from 15 - 20 hours without starting the jeep.

madZJ

Observer
I got one for my girlfriends LJ Rubi and it performed flawlessly, at least till she got Tboned and totaled the Jeep.

bulrid8

Look on craftsman.com. the platinums are on there. Any sears auto can order them for you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mrchips

Adventurer
Die Hard Platinum and the Odyssey are the same battery, so you cant go wrong with either, I have 2 yellow tops on their side in my LJ, for fridge and winch, have had no issues , 4 years and counting.

nickmimi

Adventurer
I have a diehard platinum in my JKU. Having been running an ARB 50 without problems. Jeep has sat for 2 days without problems starting. That was during the summer here in Vegas.

jaxs1984

Adventurer
So I broke down and finally bought a fridge, an indel b 51. My stock battery is going on 4 yrs now so I'm going to be replacing it before my next trip with the fridge. I have no plans at the moment for adding a dual batt setup and it will be driven every day the fridge is used so I'm just looking for the best batt to fit the stock hold down. Optima's are out, had too many that we're total junk in the past. I've heard good thing about the die hard platinum but don't even see them on Sears' website.

What are my best options?

SB

I too am looking at the indel b fridges... how are you mounting it to jeep ?

lysol

Explorer
I'm planning on installing a Diehard Platinum Marine 34M battery in my cargo area. I installed a mount for it today. When I finish the charger and wire installation, I'll mount the fridge against the rack on the left side probably using ARB's strap system and secure it at least on the left side to the d-rings on the floor. I'm hoping to get at least 2.5 to 3 days of running the fridge in the middle of the summer without input from the charger. The battery is 100Ah and by taking it down to at most 30% SOC, I should see these results. The charger will output 25 amps when driving. With the wiring I plan on installing for my future solar setup, I can use up to 20 amps worth of solar panels, though I don't plan on installing more than 10 amps worth of solar panels (about 200 watts).

IMG_3252_zpsc3faac3b.jpg

IMG_3261_zps05a91dca.jpg

IMG_3270_zps7581ee0f.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online