dpf

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
The 2008 Fuso here in Australia, Philippines, Vietnam and Europe ARE fine as well.
I am a bit confused here, as I am quite sure that the 2008 Australian Fuso does not have a DPF. It is Euro4 and only has an EGR and a catalytic converter in the muffler.
Am I missing something?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I'm glad to see this conversation picking back up and with the vendor chiming in. Hopefully being visible will help lehel get the support needed to sort things out, and I would definitely be very interested in this option for future use (those 2007 and early trucks aren't going to last forever)

lehel1

Adventurer
Hi all
Yes, the us emissions is a mess. Essentially if you want to travel out of the country. They are unreliable, can't handle cold weather and basically are the only problems I have had with my truck since I bought it new in 08.
After a recent exhaustive search for alternatives to clearing codes I found a technical sheet from fuso on doing this thru the truck without a diagnostic tool.
You can read codes thru a flashing check engine light with the removal of a ecu fuse marked specifically for this purpose but the clear memorie fuse is now missing from the fuse box although still marked to be there.
Of course with the restrictions set here in the us it's not been easy to get support from fuso or the dealers in any modifications.
I've ordered a fuso diagnostic tool, I am sure it will serve me well in my travels as well as tracking down the current derate problem. Being so reliant on being within range of a fuso dealer for access to a fuso specific diagnostic tool to even clear basic codes doesn't seem prudent in expedition traveling.

Cheers lehel

pugslyyy

Hi all
Yes, the us emissions is a mess. Essentially if you want to travel out of the country. They are unreliable, can't handle cold weather and basically are the only problems I have had with my truck since I bought it new in 08.
After a recent exhaustive search for alternatives to clearing codes I found a technical sheet from fuso on doing this thru the truck without a diagnostic tool.
You can read codes thru a flashing check engine light with the removal of a ecu fuse marked specifically for this purpose but the clear memorie fuse is now missing from the fuse box although still marked to be there.
Of course with the restrictions set here in the us it's not been easy to get support from fuso or the dealers in any modifications.
I've ordered a fuso diagnostic tool, I am sure it will serve me well in my travels as well as tracking down the current derate problem. Being so reliant on being within range of a fuso dealer for access to a fuso specific diagnostic tool to even clear basic codes doesn't seem prudent in expedition traveling.

Cheers lehel

Yeah, I've tried talking with my local dealer and they are no help at all. I understand their wariness of running afoul of environmental regulations... but I'm also not going to buy a truck from someone that won't help me use it. All they've done so far is ensure that they will never see any profit from me.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Happy to answer any questions.
Cheers guys
Robert,
After looking at your website, is the only service you offer for the Fuso the DPF 'delete' service, or do you have 'performance' chips for the Fuso also (2002 in my case).

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Out of interest Lehel, did you not consider trying one of the Chinese MUTIII clones? These units are still expensive, running in at around $500, but that is significantly less than a genuine MUTIII device.
I can not speak from experience, nor have I been able to find anyone that has one of these clone devices, but they are meant to be able to do "most" of what the genuine tool can do.
Probably a bit late now, if you have already ordered a genuine tool, but I would be very interested if anyone else has tried one of these clones, as I too am looking for something that can read/erase the codes from my Fuso (although, I do have the option of doing this via the fuse panel).

Chip Tuning

I am a bit confused here, as I am quite sure that the 2008 Australian Fuso does not have a DPF. It is Euro4 and only has an EGR and a catalytic converter in the muffler.
Am I missing something?

Boy, do we have them here!!

A few mine sites use us to reprogram their Fuso (they get permission from our roads minister to remove them as they are used in the site and not on public roads)

One country council also got away with it (don't ask me how)

Chip Tuning

I'm glad to see this conversation picking back up and with the vendor chiming in. Hopefully being visible will help lehel get the support needed to sort things out, and I would definitely be very interested in this option for future use (those 2007 and early trucks aren't going to last forever)

Nothing wrong with our support pugs ... we have always been there for Lehel however as we did not have the truck it was difficult for us to see what was going on.

Also, the only difference I could see that was done on this Fuso over what has been done on others was the sensor removal. To be honest, it had us stumped as to what was going on with it. We were at a loss until Lehel mentioned this and that when he replaced the sensors (with new ones) one sensor was reading normal temps on the Fuso diag tool. It should not have been. When we got the ECU back here we reflashed again and sent back to Lehel. We now hope to see this now corrected finally.

BTW, there was probably nothing wrong with the old sensors so if anyone needs sensors for the Fuso, chat to Lehel, he probably still have his old ones.

Chip Tuning

Hi all
... I found a technical sheet from fuso on doing this thru the truck without a diagnostic tool.
You can read codes thru a flashing check engine light with the removal of a ecu fuse marked specifically for this purpose but the clear memorie fuse is now missing from the fuse box although still marked to be there. ...

Can you elaborate on this please Lehel? I like to whack this like this on the website for others to have a trick up their sleeve. We try to use the web for what it was intended for ... info sharing.

We have already shared a few cheat sheets that the dealers/manufactrures would not want made public but we are trying to focus on customer (end user) support rather than anything else.

http://www.chiptuning.com.au/cheat-sheet/

If you don't mind Lehel I will write it up on the site as another cheat sheet

Cheers

Rob

Chip Tuning

Yeah, I've tried talking with my local dealer and they are no help at all. I understand their wariness of running afoul of environmental regulations... but I'm also not going to buy a truck from someone that won't help me use it. All they've done so far is ensure that they will never see any profit from me.

We see this time and time again pugsly. We also hear where dealers tell customers they are up for new injectors (at $750 a pop plus the R&R) when the problem was the DPF. I have heard time and time again that the customer get the injectors replaced only to drive 100kms and have the same issue occur. Do you think the dealer refunds the money for the injectors ??? Not on your life. They simply tell the customer it now is this or that. Sometimes we catch the customer BEFORE they have dished out the funds on the dealers advice. The repair is $2000 rather than the $10,000+ they were quoted.

We need to remember that the dealer gets circa $30.00 an hr from the manufacturer and gets the part for free if its a warranty job (and the fitment time is preordained by the manufacturer (say 3.5 hrs) ... if the dealer can make you believe that whatever you have done to the vehicle has caused the issue being experienced, they get to charge you $130/hr (for as many hours as the apprentice takes) PLUS they charge out the replacement parts at full tilt boogie (full retail). So you can see the dealer really done benefit greatly by trying some BS on for size. (not all dealers are like this but I can safety say the majority I have dealt with certainly are)

Actually we now have some Aussie dealers referring their customers to us when they cannot work it out. This makes us feel pretty good about things.

And in short, we love hearing how people are using their vehicles in a way that brings pleasure rather than frustration.

pugslyyy

This is a good discussion and I look forward to following it. I'm hoping that someone will stand up and say that they've got the dpf delete working on a modern US Fuso (but I'll stick with my 2007 until then) :victory:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Boy, do we have them here!!

A few mine sites use us to reprogram their Fuso (they get permission from our roads minister to remove them as they are used in the site and not on public roads)

I am a bit surprised to read this, as I have a late 2010 Australian FG84D and it definitely DOES NOT have a DPF.
I know that the same generation Isuzu has a DPF, but not the Fuso. That's why I bought the Fuso over the Isuzu...

LoupGarou

If your removing the DPF, what are you replacing it with?

Doesn't the DPF also serve as the vehicle's muffler?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke