Clone of ARB Intensity LED Driving Light/Light Force 250!

Anybody running a set of these!? Would love to get into a par of either the ARB Intensity LED or Lightforce 250 LED lights but they're (in my mind) out outrageously expensive...$800.00 bucks for ONE, no thanks.

Came across these Chinese knock offs on eBay and there virtually the same as the name brand ones...same housings and LED design/layout. And there only $369.99 for a set!!:Wow1:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Red-Ro...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c874b7175&vxp=mtr

Thought these would be a good cost effective alternative to the ARB and Lightfoce ones. I now there's a hesitation to purchase Chinese knock offs but at $369.99 a pair there's no significant financial lose if they turn out to be duds.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

EXPO08JK

My thought is that you should buy them and then do a review for all of us. :)

Agreed. Looks like a harness will have to be purchase or made as well. I purchased a Rigid harness for a Blitz pro bar I ran and the quality was second to none. Well worth the $30.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I think they will not be quite as good as their real counterparts, but if you are willing, give em a shot. There are also a set of LED lights that use reflective technology that would probably do better.

naked

I think they will not be quite as good as their real counterparts, but if you are willing, give em a shot. There are also a set of LED lights that use reflective technology that would probably do better.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A bunch of ARB products are just rebranded chinese products you could get in bulk on alibaba.com (their roof top tents, camping chairs, awnings, and these lights including).

My worry would be not having any sort of support or warranty. They could arrive broken or not functioning, with no instructions.. and there wouldn't be much you could do about it. But it might be worth the risk to save that much $$

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Zero percent the same other than the photoshopped pic ;)

ARB led's are made in the USA.

Time and time again we hear the "made in the same factory" rhetoric and I must remind you all, Chinese manufacturers can make anything look the same as a popular item, even an item made a few miles away BUT the material specs, quality of assembly, product support, etc are apples ans oranges.

naked

Time and time again we hear the "made in the same factory" rhetoric and I must remind you all, Chinese manufacturers can make anything look the same as a popular item, even an item made a few miles away BUT the material specs, quality of assembly, product support, etc are apples ans oranges.

Good to know!

kojackJKU

So ARB Being started in Australia in 1975 gets their parts made in the USA? hmmmmm interesting. I am not questioning the quality of ARB parts. I love them. However I highly doubt they get their products made in the usa. Considering they were all designed in AUS. ARB USA is just a distributor. Go on arb's own website, ALL ARB PRODUCTS are warehoused in Melbourne AUS and shipped to other parts of the world.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A bunch of ARB products are just rebranded chinese products you could get in bulk on alibaba.com (their roof top tents, camping chairs, awnings, and these lights including).

My worry would be not having any sort of support or warranty. They could arrive broken or not functioning, with no instructions.. and there wouldn't be much you could do about it. But it might be worth the risk to save that much $$

If you go the link i posted and scroll to the bottom, the seller offers a 12 month warranty and CREE overs a 24 month warranty. They also state that they will replace it if gets damaged during shipping.

cruiseroutfit

So ARB Being started in Australia in 1975 gets their parts made in the USA? hmmmmm interesting. I am not questioning the quality of ARB parts. I love them. However I highly doubt they get their products made in the usa. Considering they were all designed in AUS. ARB USA is just a distributor. Go on arb's own website, ALL ARB PRODUCTS are warehoused in Melbourne AUS and shipped to other parts of the world.

I'm well aware of the history of ARB and where there parts are manufactured/sourced including but not limited to Australia, Japan, Malaysia, China and the USA. In the case of the ARB LED lights we are discussing in this particular thread. They are made in the USA, I don't know why your having a hard time believing that but ARB is a global company and sources and has their parts manufactured in many countries both in their factories (they own factories outside of Aus ;)) and in third part factories.

arb_led.JPG

PS, ARB USA isn't just a distributor, they are wholly owned by ARB Australia ;)

kojackJKU

I'm well aware of the history of ARB and where there parts are manufactured/sourced including but not limited to Australia, Japan, Malaysia, China and the USA. In the case of the ARB LED lights we are discussing in this particular thread. They are made in the USA, I don't know why your having a hard time believing that but ARB is a global company and sources and has their parts manufactured in many countries both in their factories (they own factories outside of Aus ;)) and in third part factories.

View attachment 247027

PS, ARB USA isn't just a distributor, they are wholly owned by ARB Australia ;)

I was under the understanding they made everything in house and then distributed. I never mentioned anything about them being made in china. I was sceptical about the made in the usa. Knowing that most Mericans won't buy anything that's not "made in the USA", I figured it was a marketing strategy.

cruiseroutfit

I was under the understanding they made everything in house and then distributed. I never mentioned anything about them being made in china. I was sceptical about the made in the usa.

ARB does manufacture many of their goods in house including bumpers, side rails, toppers, racks, lockers, skids, etc however they also network with quality manufactures in several different countries (some owned companies) to produce things like lights, soft goods, recover gear, etc.

Knowing that most Mericans won't buy anything that's not "made in the USA", I figured it was a marketing strategy.

??? Your under the wrong understanding of market trends in the US ;)

kojackJKU

By the comments made on many forums, if it ain't made in America, it ain't ****. As an outsider, I may notice this way more than others. But I always see these comments floating around many various forums.

Jgranger

Ford Ranger owner
Getting back to the original topic... I've also been looking at the same lights and have been trying to find more user info before I buy... ( even info on the real ones seams hard to find )... What I really would like to find out is how they compare with a 100w 9" HID at distance. Love my LED bars but they just don't throw usable light far enough for me so if the arb ones (and the knockoffs) are comparable to the HID spots I would definitely buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

They don't compare to 100w HID. The 100w HID would go at least 3 times as far as ANY led light. even the reall ARB light. My 55w HID hella conversions shine way further than my friends lighting setup with a 50" rigid , 2 sets of dualys , a hood mounted rigid bar I am guessing a 24", and 3 6" rigid bars mounted on the bumper. Yep, he has a crap load to much light in front of his rig, way to much. and it only illumiates about 300 ft up the road. My HID system puts a good amount of light in front of my rig, not to much that it affects my long distance vision. We have a long straight here that's about 1.5km long with a small rise at the end. and when I am 1000m away from that hill, my lights light it to the point I can see everything down there. Clocked the distance with my trip meter at the point I could see the hill with my lights, hit reset and checked distance when I got to the hill. right at the hill I ticked 1km. without using a reflector system to focus the light from the LED, they do not have the power or design to throw light long distances. adding more LEDs to the array, does not make them throw farther just wider and brighter in front of you. which makes people thing they are awesome. In fact for most situations they make you see less ahead and just blind you in the foreground. I am interested in arbs version. I want to see them in person and in action compared to a hid light. There is physics that can't be overcome whether the light is round or a bar. Namely how far an led can toss light. The ARB marketing says you can get a good 700m or more of distance from their intensity light. I want to see this first hand since they are still only using led emitters facing forward. I don't see how its possible. It could be done with reflectors, but I don't think its possible with forward facing leds. And yes leds are bright looking at them, but that don't mean a roll of beans. Everyone posts photos an videos facing the Lights, I would rather see photos of them up the road to see how they work as intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior