LED Light Bars; Post Up Pics

D45

Explorer
In the quest for more light......I have been dealing with Andy at Trail Worthy Fab

I ended up buying a 30", dual row Cree 3D LED lightbar

180 watts and 13,300 lumen

It should be here soon.....I'd highly suggest TWF for anything, great customer service

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
3D projectors are NIGHT AND DAY difference from the old led design. Basically, China did it again and stole Rigids optics ideas, but to a slightly less effective level.

WAY better than the old bars. Youll like it.

D45

Explorer
That's good to know........especially if its the technology of the Rigid bars......for ten times less money

Thanks to the great service of Trail Worth Fab.....it looks like the bar will be delivered Friday!!!

Teaser pic:

3D_zps92044f7a.jpg

mjmcdowell

Explorer
LED aftermarket light's

I have a pair of RIGID Duleys spots mounted on my bull bar, had them installed in NM while on a trip out west (my HELLA 500"s went south somewhere in ARK in the middle of the night) I ran them on the road late at night when there was no traffic up thru NM in the mnts. lots of Elk as it was rutting season I think, anyway I like them they provide the light need's for me just fine. Used them at night on my drive back east to home (NYS) on long stretches of interstate, again late at night with very little traffic, they do throw some light down the road! better than the 500's for me. I have since replaced my rear topper magnetic base mounted work light with a RIGID flood beam light, much better than what it replaced. Anyway these lights work and the $$$ spent was worth it. mjmcdowell

Blacknight

Observer
Here is a pic of my old set up. The only difference now is that I changed out the 40" on the roof rack to a 50"(no pics yet). All Rigids.

Attachments

• Truck lights.jpg
    Truck lights.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 676

D45

Explorer
The 30" Cree 3D LED bar arrived today........2 1/2 day shipping from TWF!!!

It is built well I was expecting it to be lightweight.......but this bar is stout and solid

IMG_20141107_173252_977_zpslwtdzkxt.jpg

IMG_20141107_173300_610_zpsoxi17m6k.jpg

Brackets are very thick and solid

IMG_20141107_173321_700_zps3wcwgybf.jpg

IMG_20141107_173328_148_zpspcyewrzs.jpg

Slicky72

Adventurer
That looks like it is manufactured by the same folks that made mine that I bought from a local guy importing from China. It is a well made piece of kit you should be real happy with your purchase:)

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We just added the 30" Rigid to the F bumper, lots of light without being too obnoxious!

10361591_872644516088111_744262431098289220_n.jpg

D45

Explorer
What wiring are you guys using to power and switch on your bars?

Mine did not come with a harness, so I need to find my own

I was thinking about one of those wireless kits, but do they really work and hold up?

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Same as what everyone else said. 10 ga wire, 40 amp relay, 40 amp resettable circuit breaker, and a switch.

Run the heavy wire from your battery to your fuse/circuit breaker, to your relay, to your light. Run another heavy wire from the black wire to the ground on your vehicle. Next, run another, standard gage wire from the battery, to a 5 amp fuse, to the switch, to the relay and then to the ground. When you turn on the switch, it powers the relay, which connects the power for the light.

Any questions? See the pic of the circuit I wired up.
attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz