DefconBrix | Military Inspired Overland Build

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Stopped to take a few photos of some deer hanging out in a field next to some train tracks...
No record breakers but I always love seeing any kind of wildlife roaming around.

IMG_125610.jpg

IMG_12635.jpg

and the walk back to the truck... my truck :D

IMG_126610.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Video shot last week (before the all this weeks updates happened)

My buddy Max Daines shot this quick little teaser — so many more videos on/offroad camping etc coming soon :D

and for all of you waiting to here the MBRP exhaust...

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I can't believe it's been up this long and no response. Mister, that is one awesome.....what the heck is that? Commercial? Trailer for a movie? :) Good enough for either one. Excellent job.

Tanner

Observer
Awesome, like said above. Commercial! I know this has been asked before I seen it, I just couldn't find it again. What camera do you shoot with personally ?

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I can't believe it's been up this long and no response. Mister, that is one awesome.....what the heck is that? Commercial? Trailer for a movie? :) Good enough for either one. Excellent job.

Just a fun video lol we are going to be shooting more exploring offroad camping etc soon :D

Awesome, like said above. Commercial! I know this has been asked before I seen it, I just couldn't find it again. What camera do you shoot with personally ?

I shoot with a Canon 5D MKII and this video was shot on the new Sony A7.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
The New Side profile. So much cleaner!

IMG_15705.jpg

I will be putting on Bushwacker flares next and trimming them a little less than what I currently have done. When at full flex/tuck I have some extra space that I wanted to fill in — so I had Pelfreybilt build my rear hi-clearance bumper to my new trim lines (about 1" less will be trimmed off the rear). If you haven't worked with them yet, they are pretty amazing to deal with with. I placed my order a little over 8 weeks ago and they verified my new trim lines with me probably 3 times before making the cuts to make sure it was going to be exactly what I needed.

_____

I also added one of these sweet RoadShowers this past weekend. When I first ran across it I figured it would be a great way to have water since I haven't added the tanks to my trailer yet and for only $299 I figured it was worth a shot. Well the verdict is in and I freaking love it! Pressurized with a small bike pump and holds 4.5 gallons. Heats up to about 115 degrees also.

IMG_17159.jpg

_____

Cool shot of the lights on (during the day lol).
I have been wanting an Rigid Amber light bar for a while for those dusty conditions when the white is just too bright but finding a place to mount it and keeping the clean recessed look I go for again lead me right to Pelfreybilt with their integration of a light bar mount in the bumper.

The smaller fog light holes also keep the overall look extremely sleek. I added the Rigid Industries DOT/SAE fog lights to them and holy **** they are amazing!

IMG_19887.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Just ran across this build. What a ************ taco! How do you like those new Toyos so far?

Thank you so much! I was worried a little going from the M/T to this new R/T for the offroading but truly impressed with these in all conditions. I got into some nasty clay mud recently and thought for sure I would be winching out but was able to keep traction and slowly get out. That was the tipping point for me on putting these on my go-to tire list. Quiet on the road and lighter weight when compared to the M/T. Plus they are rated at 45k

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Small road trip to Vegas today from Utah. Here for a few days for some work then off to Moab for the tail end of the Easter Jeep Safari.

IMG_25176.jpg

Fahque

I need more of this awesome vehicle and adventures. I'm sold me on a few things I was undecided on, now I just need Front Runner to make a roof rack for 1st gen Tacos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke