Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
What are your plans for the rear? Spring under axle? Bumps? The suspense is killing me! :coffeedrink:

Well for a temp thing i am going to put a t100 axle back there then put 12'' or 14'' ADS shock outside the frame on custom hoop mounts that will barely go into the bed so i'll still have my bed.

I put on Wheelers Super bumps just before this trip and man am i glad i did. Super nice. But hydros will replace those.

Then....save save save save save

for a 4 link rear, internal cage, engine cage and motor swap to a 2jz.

Be expensive...but should be fun :p

marathonracer

Adventurer
Getting away from the crowded campsites this weekend... came back to this stream and hooked a few brookies on the royal wulff.

Off topic but have you ever tried the stimulator version of the royal wulf? One of my go to flies for brookies here. I tie 12-16 inches of 5x tippet off the back of the fly and add a nymph...deadly any time of year or day.

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Well for a temp thing i am going to put a t100 axle back there then put 12'' or 14'' ADS shock outside the frame on custom hoop mounts that will barely go into the bed so i'll still have my bed.

I put on Wheelers Super bumps just before this trip and man am i glad i did. Super nice. But hydros will replace those.

Then....save save save save save

for a 4 link rear, internal cage, engine cage and motor swap to a 2jz.

Be expensive...but should be fun :p
T100 axle swap would be super easy considering you have an 8.4" in the rear already! Just plug and play the 3rd.

2jz huh?? That would be insanely awesome! But an insane amount of work. The truck would be sitting for a while I'd imagine. Ever thought about boosting the 5VZFE with a turbo? A properly sized turbo and necessary fuel upgrades would net you some impressive power numbers. Even with the factory ECU and a piggyback. Or run standalone.
Lots of turbo builds out there, we've seen em all. I like this one:
http://www.samsonfab.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=34

Last edited:

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
DJ887C.jpg

JMKnGt.jpg

Got 1.75" tube hoops put in with some Bilstein 5150 8.5" travel shocks. Also did Land Cruiser 100 series sway links (because of eye on bottom) so I can run disconnect pins.

pbDitX.jpg

wtzMfE.jpg

I'm slowly yet surely beefing up the IFS. Upper tube arm with uniball and lower uniball swap, FJ80 outer tie rods and heim inners, and Old Man Emu torsions is next.

seanpistol

Explorer
Off topic but have you ever tried the stimulator version of the royal wulf? One of my go to flies for brookies here. I tie 12-16 inches of 5x tippet off the back of the fly and add a nymph...deadly any time of year or day.

I run a dropper pretty often, usually with a caddis or royal wulff and a nymph in the back. Length of tippet depends on shallow and fast the water I'm casting to is- I've had success with only 6" of tippet in certain situations

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
T100 axle swap would be super easy considering you have an 8.4" in the rear already! Just plug and play the 3rd.

2jz huh?? That would be insanely awesome! But an insane amount of work. The truck would be sitting for a while I'd imagine. Ever thought about boosting the 5VZ with a turbo? A properly sized turbo and necessary fuel upgrades would net you some impressive power numbers. Even with the factory ECU and a piggyback. Or run standalone.
Lots of turbo builds out there, we've seen em all. I like this one:
http://www.samsonfab.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=34

Yea the doing that swap is why i kept the 8.4 diff instead of looking for an elocker. Stronger diff anyways and even stronger locker. And instant on. I love the arb. Just put that in.

I actually almost starting buying turbo parts this summer. But for the cost...i can do a 2jz and make more power. Doing the swap is actually pretty easy. Just custom motor mounts, bolts to the taco tranny and tcase, custom drive shafts and some wiring. Then plumbing and done.

I am a bit wary about going to the 3.0L straight six vs the 3.4L V6. Not sure how it would be in the rocks. a straight six gives better torque due to the motors design. But displacement...no replacement.

So still up in the air. I would just turbo it if i could get my hands on the URD Turbo Port Fueler that a lot of guys use as i have read that just stepping up the injectors and adding more fuel to a 5vz is not a great way to tune. THe motor just hates it. And there is just the hassle of turboing a non turbo motor to begin with and the headaches involved.

So not totally sure yet. Still up in the air.

also...what in the hell is up with your front suspension??? why is it not a coilover? Is it a torsion bar?? Are all T100s like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles