Latest Photo?

neonasty

Tassie 2015.

From my recent trip to our Deep South (Tasmania). I just got back today, and haven't washed it yet.

Apart from a few mechanical issues (I forgot to tighten up the bottom radiator hose before we left but noticed it leaking before loosing much coolant, cooked the brakes going down a long twisty hill, starter battery died, and Drivers side axle seal started leaking) all was good! Its a beautiful state and if your visiting Australia, I feel its well worth visiting for a week or two. I can give you some hints for places worth seeing (even if you wont have your 4x4 with you)

Last edited:

Rumpig

Adventurer
Its a beautiful state and if your visiting Australia, I feel its well worth visiting for a week or two.
We spent 6 weeks touring around Tasmania at the end of last year / start of this year, and could have spent another 6 weeks there seeing stuff we'd missed. It's a beautiful place as you say, but needs more then 2 weeks to do the place any justice. If that's all the time people have, then i say go for it.... they'd still have a great time there, just would barely scratch the surface of the state is all.
If you're interested, here's a trip report i've almost completed of our visit there (hope to add another day to it soonish) http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...and-back-again-an-Australian-7-week-adventure

neonasty

Thanks guys. I've got plenty more pics too. I just haven't uploaded them yet.

I agree it would be easy to spend more time down there. I did a fair bit of Tasmania in 2.5 weeks, but we don't usually spend more than one night in the same place. I had to skip the South west and all the four wheel driving on the West coast. We found some magical places we'll return to visit, next time with my Spearfishing gear though.

Edit: Rumpig, I did read your account the night before we left and took some pointers from it. It was helpful with some pointers like the Quick sand at Sandy point. I remembered this once we had already driven down the beach and found a decent campsite. hah

Last edited:

Rumpig

Adventurer
Headed away with the family on the weekend for the first time in ages, was good to get away camping after not having done it for a few months. Took this pic when i got home, a nothing special pic, but it suits the theme...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior