Monteros on craigslist

Taylor1

Observer
The seller didn't know much about it at all. I asked about the lift and timing belt service, but he bought it as it sits. Did say a mechanic checked it out... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Any thoughts on this? Not seen paint or badges like that before: denver.craigslist.org/cto/5840956846.html

That IS weird. It appears to have headlight squirters, but you can't clearly see the locker button to verify it's there. Every SR I've seen had leather seats, too, but this truck does not. I do like the paint and the low miles. I didn't enlarge the interior picture of the driver's area, but does this thing even have a radio in it?

John B.

MrToad

That IS weird. It appears to have headlight squirters, but you can't clearly see the locker button to verify it's there. Every SR I've seen had leather seats, too, but this truck does not. I do like the paint and the low miles. I didn't enlarge the interior picture of the driver's area, but does this thing even have a radio in it?

John B.

Looks like it might have an aftermarket radio with a lift-off faceplate that isn't attached. I can make out something in the "magic button" spot, but it doesn't look like the factory switch. I also don't see the orange sticker on the side of the console.

A little googling and I've found a couple of photos of Monteros with similar paint and badges. I'm wondering if it's a grey market import, or if someone tried to make an SR out of an LS.

I kind of want to take a look just to figure out what it is. for 1K the price looks pretty good even if it needs a full engine rebuild.

D

Deleted member 144409

It sure is pretty, though. That's the color I'll be painting mine.

Last year a dude in KC had a '91 up for 12K. I about spit out my drink. Later in the spring he was down to 10.5. I didn't see it again after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier