Inka Outdoor Trailers

Michaelbestlynd

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of my Venture OHV from Inka Outdoor. Cant say enough good stuff about Mike and his team, and the quality of product he builds.

Just got back from a trip to Yosemite and the wife, dogs, and I had a great experience. Prior to that, spent some time on the rim in AZ, and a couple weekenders in Flagstaff.

If you have specific questions let me know.

Inka1.JPG

Inka2.JPG

Inka3.JPG

Inka4.JPG

greenhorn

Adventurer
I was hoping that Inka was going to be at Overland Expo East, but no luck. A couple of questions, do the windows open for ventilation? So you have an pics with the windows open? I need a camper with good ventilation in muggy Forida. Is it possible to close the gull wing door while sitting in the camper? Thanks.

Michaelbestlynd

The windows open about 5-6" at the bottom by hinging at the top. With the fantastic fan either pulling or pushing it moves quite a bit of air. AC is also an option, but requires a generator or shore power. I can close the doors without putting a foot out, but I have long arms. I think a small piece of rope tied to the handle would fix this for most.

JJMAC

Adventurer
Any chance you can post more pics? Looks awesome and we have been trying to decide between Inka and Socal. Can you share your opinions on why you went with Inka? Wife likes the galley of the Inka better, but I don't really want the grill on the counter. She likes the sink and we can't find any good pics with Socal sink options. I am sure that is the little stuff they can customize i guess.

Michaelbestlynd

I looked closely at the SoCal trailers, and really most anything I could find on the market. Some of the reasons I went with the Inka are:
-Galley – I personally didn't like the pullout sink or stove setup. To me it then blocks easy access to the counter where you'll be prepping food etc, and having a stove in drawer seemed to me like it would move all over the place when trying to scrape food of a pan, and whatnot.
-Suspension – the dual a-arm setup with airbags to adjust ride height, and level the unit at camp is pretty sweet.
-Shell – the bi-axial carbon weave over the entire shell creates a really solid leak proof cabin with no seems. Although the aluminum skin is cool, there will always be a seam that can leak.
-Heat/AC – pretty trick “central” ac and heating unit that tucks away inside
-Cost – If I specked out a SoCal the same as my Inka, I was well over $5K more.

They can customize to just about anything you would want. If you have specific pic request let me know. They have lots on the Inka website, but happy to snap a specific angle if you have the need.

JJMAC

Adventurer
Mike. Thanks for the post. These trailer really look awesome. Can you tell me if after driving down dirt/dusty roads does any of that dust get into the cabin? How good is the seal in not allowing dust to enter?

Thanks again.

Michaelbestlynd

RonLeb - yes, it has a ProPex Whale hot water heater and external shower hose. Another option is to have the sink double as a shower head, with a combo unit for the sink and shower duties.

JJMAC - The seals are really good on these. It takes a pretty good wack to get the doors to close all the way. I did close to 100 miles of gravel on the Mogollon Rim one weekend with very little dust in the cabin or galley. The galley seals are the same quality, and again require a little "hip check" to get them to close all the way. A very good thing!

CO 4runner

Inka OHV

Hi Mike, we've been looking at the various builders especially for off-road use and agree that this seems an especially good option. I especially like the lamination and extra reinforcement for the long term. I do have a couple of questions for you:
1. Any disadvantage you've found with the gull wing doors? weather? bugs?
2. Have you been off-road with the vehicle? Any experience/improvement to note?
3. Did you get a tongue box by chance?
4. Is the compressor strong enough to handle airing tires as well?
5. For cold weather usage, does the solar keep up with the heater/AC or did you need a generator? Does it hold heat pretty well without a heater?
6. Where is the hot water heater located?
7. Any changes you would make?
8. Did you go to NC to pick up the unit or was it brought out here?
9. Service/warranty in your area? North Carolina is a long way away for troubleshooting and parts.

I appreciate being able to talk to an owner, Mike and Wes have been very responsive but its always good to hear user experiences...

Thanks! Susan

Jazser

Nice! We have our Venture OHV on order - taking delivery this spring. I pretty much optioned it out with every possible option - and then some :) There is going to be something completely unique to this build, as far as I'm aware, to any other teardrop in the world. Assuming all goes as planned, It's going to be fun to share it when it's done.

In the meantime thank you for sharing your experiences. Any thing you would change on your build?

CO 4runner

Congrats Jazser we're getting close to an order ourselves. How long did you have to wait and are you out west? Its a long way to NC! Curious about the custom you're talking about and any changes for 2017...

Redman333

Adventurer
Nice! We have our Venture OHV on order - taking delivery this spring. I pretty much optioned it out with every possible option - and then some :) There is going to be something completely unique to this build, as far as I'm aware, to any other teardrop in the world. Assuming all goes as planned, It's going to be fun to share it when it's done.

In the meantime thank you for sharing your experiences. Any thing you would change on your build?

Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious as to the custom option as well. As far as the non custom stuff how did you spec yours out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michaelbestlynd

Hi Mike, we've been looking at the various builders especially for off-road use and agree that this seems an especially good option. I especially like the lamination and extra reinforcement for the long term. I do have a couple of questions for you:
1. Any disadvantage you've found with the gull wing doors? weather? bugs?
2. Have you been off-road with the vehicle? Any experience/improvement to note?
3. Did you get a tongue box by chance?
4. Is the compressor strong enough to handle airing tires as well?
5. For cold weather usage, does the solar keep up with the heater/AC or did you need a generator? Does it hold heat pretty well without a heater?
6. Where is the hot water heater located?
7. Any changes you would make?
8. Did you go to NC to pick up the unit or was it brought out here?
9. Service/warranty in your area? North Carolina is a long way away for troubleshooting and parts.

I appreciate being able to talk to an owner, Mike and Wes have been very responsive but its always good to hear user experiences...

Thanks! Susan

Susan, sorry I missed your post. Better late than never I guess:

1. Only disadvantage is closing them with shoes off and getting in a night. If you have long arms like me its not an issue. I think a small loop of rope would solve this. Pretty small issue however. And the shelter it provides when raining makes it worth that little inconvenience.
2. I've been on a LOT of rough gravel and some limited trail. It did great. The independent air bag suspension really rides nice, and its very capable.
3. No tongue box. Thought about it. Decided on the wait and see approach. I'm always carrying a bike, so that made the design (sliding opening) expensive.
4. The compressor probably "could" do it. It would take a while. I think Mike offers a more robust air option now that would be suitable to such task.
5. The solar wont operate the heater/AC, you need the generator for that task. It does hold heat really well. The wife and I are fine down into the 40's without the heat on at all.
6. The hot water heater is under the sink cabinet above a skid plate.
7. Nothing yet. I've used all my features and its worked great.
8. Inka shipped my unit to me in AZ. EZPZ.
9. The build quality leads me to believe this wont be an issue. Everything seems pretty modular, so changing something out shouldn't be an issue.

Final note, working with Mike and his team was a really pleasurable experience. If you are anywhere near Phoenix I'd be happy to show mine off.

profbrightside

@Michaelbestlynd

How has the towing experience been with a two door JK, and what gearing are you running?

I too have a deposit in with Mike at Inka and can't wait until I take delivery this summer!!! :wings:

Michaelbestlynd

@profbrightside

I have a 2014 Rubicon with 4:10 gears, and stock 32" tires. Towing is probably what you'd expect with 1700 lbs behind you. It tracks really well, and doesn't feel like its pushing the Jeep around. It corners great! Tongue weight is perfect balance of keeping the trailer planted, without making the Jeep squat. On the flats you can truck along at 70 no problem. Much more than that and you are working the 3.6, and just burning more gas : ). 70 seems to be its happy place. On steeper climbs at altitude, you obviously wont be winning any races, but you can certainly keep up with traffic. I tend to watch the digital temp gauge on the long climbs in the AZ heat, letting that be my guide on how hard I'm pushing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles