vFalVOr.jpg

3N6wyuO.jpg

DmTiD7V.jpg

hDgAgrV.jpg

Last edited:

icedragonmx

Adventurer
2017 West Coast Trip

This trip is a combination of several trails that have been discussed on the Expo site over the years. I was heading out to the West Coast for a family visit and wanted to include a few trails on the way out and return drive. So I will let the pictures do the talking as I have way too many of those!

The BC - Lytton Ferry ride at 630am after a night and day of driving from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

lUstCYf.jpg

Wild horses on the main road and great views

SoHnqD1.jpg

KOPOZip.jpg

HA61mEd.jpg

On the main trail to the Molybdenite Peak trail and no one had mentioned the Grizzly issues yet! I think I will be sleeping in the truck.

dVUJN0h.jpg

hdr4uXp.jpg

g8e4b9i.jpg

Now for the hillside stuff! Looks like fun!

9GYkTVs.jpg

gJ4WCQV.jpg

hXx0j2Z.jpg

GYmj8Vz.jpg

Not sure of the elevation at the Peak but it's definitely an Alpine setting!!!

Zld23B6.jpg

zRCWk9I.jpg

J4lhdhW.jpg

6sRS90h.jpg

DOTPItv.jpg

u4Q5OiC.jpg

GMsR33y.jpg

Ok now back into the treeline and on to the lake…

E1tg5pW.jpg

R3TPvPk.jpg

YU5RUqf.jpg

This is where the fun started, trail had slide down the slope and all that was left was wide enough for me not the truck… I had to back down 430 meters of loose rock and high slopes that were as wide as my truck width. More fun than I needed this late in the day!

AYVSqI2.jpg

B4qtGvf.jpg

c3uaqaG.jpg

XTnMZIr.jpg

Back to the lake and then camping at a lower elevation in the rain!

icedragonmx

Adventurer
Then got to spend a few days with my parents on Vancouver island and take a rest from driving and got to ride passenger for the next 800 plus km

0iYdFFo.jpg

KOiFnXe.jpg

Whale Watching from Telegraph Cove was a great little side trip even with all the fog…

0HmY1s5.jpg

oelK8rL.jpg

Vyn6d6Z.jpg

GryUWGy.jpg

Trail to the beach by Cape Scott, well worth the walk for the shoreline scenery

mXX4ua6.jpg

My good karma award for helping a group of ladies that just finished the multiday hike and came back to a dead battery and broken battery terminal. I hope the rest of the trip was problem free! Girl Power- as they helped push it out to get the jumper cables to reach.

Wu7HdXe.jpg

jm8GJ1T.jpg

YLpfUt6.jpg

After the ferry it was time to go after the view shown in the Colossal Trip Report thread from 2015…

icedragonmx

Adventurer
Play time on the way to Radium Hot Springs area..

wIFFgjQ.jpg

K6NuU6F.jpg

Then more trail fun

Lx1zwe5.jpg

O8Pl9cp.jpg

Mine shaft can be seen in the background

nBJPPcv.jpg

GNNddhh.jpg

KJolzUO.jpg

Would need aired out tires and a front locker to get higher than this.. Challenge given to the next team to high point my tracks…This is several hundred meters above the mine shaft in elevation

ttIrt51.jpg

And the view going down

Sg0IPM8.jpg

2SgKaQU.jpg

x1U8ZrN.jpg

Then on to the main Glacier Trail

gfbLUP3.jpg

WeZlsqz.jpg

z16pROp.jpg

Fhi0HO2.jpg

Success!!!

HlMZSpJ.jpg

wzmsCiR.jpg

r8RLfud.jpg

cBN0Huw.jpg

vz7kYpc.jpg

Was still interesting on the way down…

DfJlDyy.jpg

EcqxmKL.jpg

wA3qu7F.jpg

nePCOOI.jpg

Was a great holiday and the side trails shown here added to the whole holiday! Way too much for 8 days in total plus a night for all the highway driving etc. 5145 km in my truck and probably another 800 plus km riding shotgun on the island for three days. A great trip with a few views worth sharing!

I hope the pictures work as Photobucket is now FUBAR and I am trying with Imgur.

Last edited:

goFWD

Great pics for sure. Some of those hillside shots with what looks like loose gravel were bordering on Code Brown.

icedragonmx

Adventurer
Love your pics, as always! Great report.

Thanks again! Was a great trip and the Xterra handled it all with just a few bumps underneath.

Great pics for sure. Some of those hillside shots with what looks like loose gravel were bordering on Code Brown.

That when it starts to get fun! It rained one night on one of the trails and I had to descend the next day over new rocks that had slid down the slope. Was like driving on wet Marbles for a few moments. Lots of fun! :eek:

icedragonmx

Adventurer
Ok another big picture dump from the last bit of 2017, trying to catch up to share in some new stories, Lol I am so out of date with this, sorry guys!

Just a cool shot with the patched up canoe while out on a trip with a work bud using this as a staging area for some canoe fun.

brVbN19.jpg

Then a big trip out north of Kenora, ON again looking for new trails…This is part of the main road north

dbGHg45.jpg

and a side road leading to WCPP which would be an ideal canoe entry point if this was not flooded

A4EqTR8.jpg
A4EqTR8.jpg

More of the main road farther north…

rYA0qfe.jpg

And a late night find for a camp spot off the main road.

0OXzLTD.jpg

Trails are still wet and worried about bogging in the tall grass

9MicYDz.jpg

6AdFEJI.jpg

Then some canoe fun in the same area off the main roads

uoAaUX9.jpg

GRKnCGZ.jpg

my patched wilderness tripper that now holds watertight

gh9UyXM.jpg

Poser shot after the fun

UgjBBk1.jpg

Wet drive out

l48ihFm.jpg

Then this was a late season trip looking for the last paddle before it all froze solid. Definitely the last paddle of the season! Was frozen days later.

Drive in after the snow storm dealing with the extra snow load

izm3jGF.jpg

blocked trail- after a 120 or so of these blockages I gave up :(

zV6im3X.jpg

and a fun cold paddle closer to the start of the trail...

DZWiQAX.jpg

That was my last trip with the canoe for the year. Good times with an epic Western trip for 2017!!!

Last edited:

icedragonmx

Adventurer
Now on to some of the 2018 adventures and mods…

Starting my lastest mod for a Camp deck to have a fold out bed behind the driver’s seat as my rear seat was starting to sag when folded down flat…

6kTLB71.jpg

Spring time remnants of snow along Lake Winnipeg

U2qVZyO.jpg

Stuck a long way back from the nearest tree and I had left my Maxtrax’s at home. Whoops!!!

H3zfEZN.jpg

More new canoe trail areas this time a few hours closer to home

y5NwcV0.jpg

NzcfbrU.jpg

gHTluxa.jpg

And a full load test with gear while camping, still room for me to sleep and the "bench" folds out to a rock solid table when needed.

jea8D8n.jpg

Next trip spent way to much time working to clear an old trail

ZSBj9Bm.jpg

But it ended in success on the water of a new lake system

OO4hLxq.jpg

Resting after the winds etc and blistered hands from cutting for hours on end (getting soft in my old age) I love my iPad movies and shows!

t8mHyUi.jpg

And some detour routes the next day while hiding in the truck with AC on due to the plus 30c+ weather

DIRf6xc.jpg

kt6geLB.jpg

Hm2XV1F.jpg

And an extra long weekend trip to explore another new section of an old logging area.

Slippery wet old school Log bridge

DorT8yE.jpg

Don’t fall in the cracks!!! Pays to get out to look ever so often.

NkJoPzC.jpg

deeper than it looked- required the locker due to a deep hole at the end of this crossing.

lLLfa36.jpg

And a nice easy spot to camp which my buddies big truck and trailer could reach, hint hint!

FemQinC.jpg

Last pic just before the trouble starts.jpg[/IMG]

fULfn3V.jpg

And the next story…

fWYwLh5.jpg

icedragonmx

Adventurer
Reminds me of memories from wet days long ago..Sorry for the pictures of pictures but this was before the digital age, Lol

BKoFZ88.jpg

qJ1X072.jpg

Tk2EBQb.jpg

kS0c7qt.jpg

hd9vswK.jpg

I'll try update with the new story tomorrow! Stay tuned for more wet "fun".... ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles