Help identifying a manufacturer for this part "dinette hatch"

Recce01

Adventurer
Hi all,
We are in the midst of planning our expedition RV. The one request the wife has made is turning out to be a problem for me to identify. I have found several companies that make the insulated hatches, but I am having a little bit of a hard time finding one like pictured here.

38140032216_2564e13c0b.jpg

This is a large hatch that opens next to the dining area. It opens from the inside, where all the hatches I am finding open from the outside. Any help would be appreciated!

Recce01

Adventurer
Have you tried reaching out to Bimobil?

I just went on their site, and it appears that is where someone originally found the image I posted. I will have to reach out to them to see if they sell the hatches or the parts to make the hatches. Thank you!

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
Hi

I think it's just a hatch with a window then mounted in it, rather than a pre-made one piece thing. So any door/hatch with any window available to you?
:)

Neil

Observer
It is very unlikely that Bimobil will even discuss their side hatches let alone sell the parts.
As previously said it is simply a large hatching dampers with a window in it.( I have closely examined quite a few )

The one thing you need to be aware of is that putting in such a wide opening can take out quite a lot of strength out of the roof. Some of the cabin makers including Bimobil won't put a hatch like this on the same side as the door or near another window.
Just something to bear in mind in the design. Maybe factor in some extra strength in the roof over it.

Good luck

Neil

Www.cloud9isborn.Blogspot.com
Www.cloud9ontour.com

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
Hi all,
We are in the midst of planning our expedition RV. The one request the wife has made is turning out to be a problem for me to identify. I have found several companies that make the insulated hatches, but I am having a little bit of a hard time finding one like pictured here.

38140032216_2564e13c0b.jpg

This is a large hatch that opens next to the dining area. It opens from the inside, where all the hatches I am finding open from the outside. Any help would be appreciated!

You might want to have a look at the windows we carry. They offer everything you are looking for. The windows are awning design and very high quality. They are built in China from the best parts sourced from around the world. The blind / screen assemblies can be installed with the blind on top or on bottom. You can get any combination of screen, blind, or wide open that you desire by simply sliding. The windows are double pane, and when the blind is closed they are extremely insulating. A 550 x 1100 might be just what you are looking for.

We have not announced this yet publicly, but we are negotiating a new contract with our supplier in China for 2018, and we will be making a significant investment in these products. The result will be much lower prices, and we will have a completely stocked North American parts and service department. The prices listed on our website will be clearance priced in a day or two to the new 2018 prices. That 550 x 1100 for instance sells now for $564, but is being reduced to $418. We will also be carrying doors, roof hatches, and cargo access doors from the same manufacturer. Really nice stuff. Shoot us an email at info@ternoverland.com if this option looks interesting, and we will hook you up.

Best,
David

Recce01

Adventurer
You might want to have a look at the windows we carry. They offer everything you are looking for. The windows are awning design and very high quality. They are built in China from the best parts sourced from around the world. The blind / screen assemblies can be installed with the blind on top or on bottom. You can get any combination of screen, blind, or wide open that you desire by simply sliding. The windows are double pane, and when the blind is closed they are extremely insulating. A 550 x 1100 might be just what you are looking for.

We have not announced this yet publicly, but we are negotiating a new contract with our supplier in China for 2018, and we will be making a significant investment in these products. The result will be much lower prices, and we will have a completely stocked North American parts and service department. The prices listed on our website will be clearance priced in a day or two to the new 2018 prices. That 550 x 1100 for instance sells now for $564, but is being reduced to $418. We will also be carrying doors, roof hatches, and cargo access doors from the same manufacturer. Really nice stuff. Shoot us an email at info@ternoverland.com if this option looks interesting, and we will hook you up.

Best,
David

Thank you for the info David! I have been looking at the Eurovision windows, and we had intended to place one of them in this hatch. My wife likes the idea of the huge 4' x 4' opening.

At this time, we are looking to get:
(2) 450x610
(2) 450x900
(2) 450x1100
(1) 450x500
plus door, plus hatch for pass through.
I had planned to have Andreas quote our box with all these parts. Will he also be lowering prices to reflect the clearance?

Also, I have 1 request for future consideration, please make these windows open and hold at a higher angle!! In our case it is more about viewing than ventilation. Thank you!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Thank you for the info David! I have been looking at the Eurovision windows, and we had intended to place one of them in this hatch. My wife likes the idea of the huge 4' x 4' opening.

(2) 450x610
(2) 450x900
(2) 450x1100
(1) 450x500
I had planned to have Andreas quote our box with all these parts. Will he also be lowering prices to reflect the clearance?

Also, I have 1 request for future consideration, please make these windows open and hold at a higher angle!! In our case it is more about viewing than ventilation. Thank you!

As Tern Overland mentioned, we are switching things around a bit. We will continue selling the windows with our camper bodies and as a stand alone item through our website, matching the Tern Overland pricing. No matter if you buy from TO or Total Composites, you will get the same awesome windows to the same pricing and outstanding customer service.

Cheers,

TernOverland

(2) 450x610
(2) 450x900
(2) 450x1100
(1) 450x500

Yes, Andreas and I are working together. We will be supplying the windows for his kits, so that he can do what does best....build world class composite panels and kits. His pricing will be the same as ours, so you should order your windows with your kit. We will handle all of the warranty requests for windows purchased in 2018. The windows for your kit will be drop shipped from our warehouse in Prescott. These windows will be branded "Arctic Tern Windows", and they will have additional options not found on the EuroVision line: Things like optional window armor, expansion rings for thicker walls, adapters for curved walls, and cold bridge isolation. We have decided to carry eight sizes, and we will have replacement parts and service in country for each size. The sizes we will be carrying are:

300 x 500
300 x 700 (new size!)
450 x 610
450 x 900
450 x 1100
550 x 700
550 x 900
550 x 1100

We have chosen these sizes because the others are either too large, or they are too close to the ones we have chosen. They are also the top sellers. We want to have a very good stock on hand, and we also want all the parts in house. The cost of trying to carry every size is astronomical. We will carry all three wall thickness for each size, so that makes 24 models in total. We are in the process of updating our website to reflect all these changes. We have some other great items that will most likely debut at the spring Expo in Flagstaff. One is our air exchanger which minimizes heat loss while effectively removing moisture buildup in the camper during cold weather camping.

Thanks for your interest!

David

Recce01

Adventurer
As Tern Overland mentioned, we are switching things around a bit. We will continue selling the windows with our camper bodies and as a stand alone item through our website, matching the Tern Overland pricing. No matter if you buy from TO or Total Composites, you will get the same awesome windows to the same pricing and outstanding customer service.

Cheers,

Yes, Andreas and I are working together. We will be supplying the windows for his kits, so that he can do what does best....build world class composite panels and kits. His pricing will be the same as ours, so you should order your windows with your kit. We will handle all of the warranty requests for windows purchased in 2018. The windows for your kit will be drop shipped from our warehouse in Prescott. These windows will be branded "Arctic Tern Windows", and they will have additional options not found on the EuroVision line: Things like optional window armor, expansion rings for thicker walls, adapters for curved walls, and cold bridge isolation. We have decided to carry eight sizes, and we will have replacement parts and service in country for each size. The sizes we will be carrying are:

300 x 500
300 x 700 (new size!)
450 x 610
450 x 900
450 x 1100
550 x 700
550 x 900
550 x 1100

We have chosen these sizes because the others are either too large, or they are too close to the ones we have chosen. They are also the top sellers. We want to have a very good stock on hand, and we also want all the parts in house. The cost of trying to carry every size is astronomical. We will carry all three wall thickness for each size, so that makes 24 models in total. We are in the process of updating our website to reflect all these changes. We have some other great items that will most likely debut at the spring Expo in Flagstaff. One is our air exchanger which minimizes heat loss while effectively removing moisture buildup in the camper during cold weather camping.

Thanks for your interest!

David

Thank you gentlemen, very much!

TernOverland

Cheers,

Absolutely. If you find the products through TC, order through TC. That is true whether you get these products with a TC kit, or get the products alone. Whether you order through TO or TC, the pricing, shipping cost, service, options, and warranty will be the same.

TernOverland

Recce01,
I just realized I did not answer your question about window opening angle. The windows open a maximum of 60 degrees. That is because the struts are designed to lock at different angles. To close the window you must push beyond 60 degrees to release the struts. If the struts were replaced with a simple gas strut, the windows could open farther. The drawback is that the partial open positions will be lost. I'm not sure what the limit of the hinge is. I think your desire is a valid one, and it is something I will look into. We are offering a number of options designed specifically for this overland market. It is possible that we will offer a "full open" kit. Thanks for your suggestion!

David

Recce01

Adventurer
Recce01,
I just realized I did not answer your question about window opening angle. The windows open a maximum of 60 degrees. That is because the struts are designed to lock at different angles. To close the window you must push beyond 60 degrees to release the struts. If the struts were replaced with a simple gas strut, the windows could open farther. The drawback is that the partial open positions will be lost. I'm not sure what the limit of the hinge is. I think your desire is a valid one, and it is something I will look into. We are offering a number of options designed specifically for this overland market. It is possible that we will offer a "full open" kit. Thanks for your suggestion!

David

Thank you David!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles