ExPo's 2000 7.3 Excursion Build

RPhil

Adventurer
Gorgeous! Jealous of those seats and that heater. Looking forward to the new wheels and tire setup. Bumping up to a 37?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Gorgeous! Jealous of those seats and that heater. Looking forward to the new wheels and tire setup. Bumping up to a 37?

I thought about it, but not this time. 35 is a much more common size, and I dont want to regear yet. Eventually ill do gears and lockers, and then ill go with 37s :)

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Hey guys! Been a hell of a few weeks. Snow shoed the rockies, drove through utah and colorado, explored californias deserts, and made it to LA. Here's a quick peak. None of california yet, those are coming!
kfQ2XEm.jpg

GenZg1m.jpg

lP9GAT3.jpg

RZN6UfX.jpg

lA0pt29.jpg

8SiuQ9d.jpg

WPjQiZl.jpg

ja3zycQ.jpg

ByRo05Q.jpg

johnnieutah

Buddies father has a super clean, one owner, 2001 4wd diesel Excursion with only 84K on the odometer. I hopefully have first dibs on it when he decides to let it go, but I fear he'll want every bit of $30K for it.

We have a dealer in the Houston area that prides himself on finding clean, low mileage Excursions, OBS Ford's and the 1999-2003 Super Duty's. His prices are pretty crazy too! http://www.rbpautomotive.com

I actually just bought mine from RBP in Houston. So far very happy with it. 136K on the odometer and asked $25 for it I believe. 2000 7.3L EX

@Chris Cordes What are you doing about the terrible driver and passenger front cup holders? They hold almost nothing in place.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I actually just bought mine from RBP in Houston. So far very happy with it. 136K on the odometer and asked $25 for it I believe. 2000 7.3L EX

@Chris Cordes What are you doing about the terrible driver and passenger front cup holders? They hold almost nothing in place.

Not bad at all, I think you did well, those are good guys at RBP too. Make sure you start a build thread!

I had a stab at my buddies fathers Excursion and he was only asking $27K, but I passed in favor of adding the Power Wagon. He ended up taking it to PSD in San Antonio and having them tune it and put a built transmission in as well along with some other tasteful upgrades. He has it sitting similar to Chris' now with 35" BFG's. I believe bumpers are next.

Fueggia

Selkman
Advice needed please:
Would any of you consider a 2005 Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 with 165k on it? .... all stock, no lifts or upgrades - Engine seems solid thus far with
some repairs only such as fuel Injection Control Module and replacement of crank and can sensor which owner says should be good for another 150k miles.
I am not planing on heavy tows, just expo build... would I be taking a big chance on this engine vs 7.3l?
Many thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles