UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Sneak peak, pics & video tomorrow!

28337394_1846759435343276_6145906526458291964_o.jpg

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
Our Stage1 axle is 3.73 gears and the stock open diff. Stage2 gets you a gear change and the Detroit True Trac. We only re use rear sway bars on the RVs and ambos/buses like yours, we cut and sleeve the rear links to make them longer.

Do all Detroit True Tracs get their front diff cover? Mine is a stock D60, while all the ones on the videos have the Detroit cover, but I got the Stage 2 and it should have a locker but have not jacked up the front end and locked the hubs to find out. Will do so Friday when I rotate my tires and get a service done.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Color matched front bumper looks great.

Yea it turned out nice! Black would have clashed with the chrome grille and polished wheels.

Do all Detroit True Tracs get their front diff cover? Mine is a stock D60, while all the ones on the videos have the Detroit cover, but I got the Stage 2 and it should have a locker but have not jacked up the front end and locked the hubs to find out. Will do so Friday when I rotate my tires and get a service done.

There's no specific cover for the True Trac, do you mean Dynatrac cover? Those are cosmetic, can be added to any axle and has nothing to do with whats inside.

jkam

nomadic man
G'day Chris.
I see levelers on the RV. What, if anything is done to make them useful with the lifted rig?

Mmm pie

Observer
When doing a partial 4wd swap, do you reuse the stock rear driveshaft? At this point, I believe I'll be doing the partial swap first, then coming back to the transmission/transfercase once I can afford a quality rebuild.

tmo2460

Observer
When doing a partial 4wd swap, do you reuse the stock rear driveshaft? At this point, I believe I'll be doing the partial swap first, then coming back to the transmission/transfercase once I can afford a quality rebuild.

I've been running mine as a partial swap with the stock driveshaft since last summer with no issues, rest of the swap will be going down as soon as the weather warms up.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

Yep, stock shaft is fine for the 4 & 6" lift.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Any word on how these hold up if they are taken "off-road"? I really love the van a few pages back. Also, what's the final year of the E450?

99.9% of these RVs that we convert are for beach use. I don't think the coach would handle actual trails or even rough fire roads very well. The chassis is fine though. They're still making the 450s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94