Post your tents

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I wondered why we don't see more of their fold over type tents.

I think just due to cost and a lack of information from them regarding the tent. I was looking at their website earlier but they had four basic pictures, no videos and started showing hard shell rtt pictures near the bottom. It really looked like they didn't give a damn about what they were selling. Easier for people to buy other soft shell tents and know what they are getting for cash.

On that note if wesclimb were to toss up a video of the tent online. He'd be the only one that could give a updated, decent overview of this Nomad tent.

billum v2.0

Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized.
Moab%202016%20038-XL.jpg

concretejungle

Adventurer
I think just due to cost and a lack of information from them regarding the tent. I was looking at their website earlier but they had four basic pictures, no videos and started showing hard shell rtt pictures near the bottom. It really looked like they didn't give a damn about what they were selling. Easier for people to buy other soft shell tents and know what they are getting for cash.

On that note if wesclimb were to toss up a video of the tent online. He'd be the only one that could give a updated, decent overview of this Nomad tent.

Probably right! Seems really like a marketing fail in my opinion. Looks like they are totally ignoring an entire market.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
My new (used) FrontRunner.. I only have three nights in it so far, but I'm liking it a lot. Need to get my ladder extension on the thing.

RTT side.jpg

RTT sd.jpg

bderrick6159

Big Agnes flying diamond 8. With a family we wanted to have something that is plenty big. I've also got alittle 2person or a hammock for solo hunts if I'm not going to be staying awhile.
c32504805cc6edef3e2820644b910a29.jpg
830c8d98a9d56efb323ecda194394130.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

cgrigsby79

My new (used) FrontRunner.. I only have three nights in it so far, but I'm liking it a lot. Need to get my ladder extension on the thing.

View attachment 452269

View attachment 452270
Would love to hear some more feedback about the Frontrunner RTT as I can't seem to find any reviews online. How is the mattress? I'm guessing by the super light weight that it isn't necessarily bombproof construction like an Eezi-Awn, but this is one of the few tents that is actually light enough for me to envision taking it on and off easily so I'm not stuck with a permanent install on a daily driver. That color looks great with you green FJ!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Would love to hear some more feedback about the Frontrunner RTT as I can't seem to find any reviews online. How is the mattress? I'm guessing by the super light weight that it isn't necessarily bombproof construction like an Eezi-Awn, but this is one of the few tents that is actually light enough for me to envision taking it on and off easily so I'm not stuck with a permanent install on a daily driver. That color looks great with you green FJ!

Thanks cgrigsby79,
The mattress is pretty comfortable to me and this missus. She said it's the best sleep she's had in a tent. I can't compare it to the Eazi-Awn or any other tent. The material is pretty heavy on the tent itself. I did have to repair one of the pockets that the rain fly bar goes into because the previous owner forgot to take the bar out before closing it up so it ripped. Overall it seems pretty stout to me. At just under 100lbs ( I think) it's easy for two people to heft up to the roof. I tried to put it up on a bench and put it up by myself, but I'm still injured from a Moto accident in Baja so I can't quite do it myself yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne