Stolen Astrofalia in Denver - please watch out!

beansandrice

Hi all,

Wish I was introducing our newly finished Astrofalia under better circumstances, but it was stolen from our house on Sunday morning, May 20th. We live near the Mile High Stadium, so if you live in the Denver/Boulder area, I'd greatly appreciate it if you let me know if you see anything like this! It's a brown 2003 Astro with a white VW Westfalia pop top. Spare tire carrier on back. Stickers on back as well. Front says 'Astrofalia' in huge letters.

Build Info:
My wife and I have been working on the conversion for 2 years now and just finished it 3 weeks ago. We were building it out for a year long North/Central America extravaganza. I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to detail their own build threads here. We couldn't have finished it without everyone help and I think it turned out pretty awesome! It's basically a 70s Westfalia inside a 2003 Astro van. There's a bed up top and fold-out bed on bottom. Kitchen with water and stove, w/ propane tank under the van. Swivel passenger seat, solar panel, and 2" lift w/ all terrain tires. Sucks that we only spent 2 sweet nights in it before she was taken!

Spirits remain high and we are still leaving for our trip next week or so, with an as-yet-to-be-purchased vehicle (open to suggestions - SUV that you can sleep in the back of?)

Thanks all for keeping a watch out - happy travels and stay safe!
Ryan

Attachments

• 20180423_161614.jpeg
    20180423_161614.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 20180423_161652.jpeg
    20180423_161652.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 20180424_102406.jpeg
    20180424_102406.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 20180424_102421.jpeg
    20180424_102421.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 20180423_161629.jpg
    20180423_161629.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 152

Scotty D

Wow that sucks.
I am just north of you and driving to salt lake tomorrow.
If I see it between here and there I will let you know.
Good luck and I hope it comes back soon and in good shape.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Maybe...
Post your phone number and the police department's so action could be initiated quickly if seen.
Good luck recovering unharmed.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Wow, sorry to hear about it. Looks like you did a great job on the conversion. Hopefully it is so unique that it will pop up.

Farfrumwork

That's just a kick in the face. What a bummer.

I'm in the Boulder area - I'll keep an eye out.

-Chad
(owned and camped in an Astro many moons ago, even spent my Honeymoon in there! - and a more recently a Westy)

beansandrice

That's just a kick in the face. What a bummer.

I'm in the Boulder area - I'll keep an eye out.

-Chad
(owned and camped in an Astro many moons ago, even spent my Honeymoon in there! - and a more recently a Westy)
Thanks so much! No word yet. I'll update here if we find her!

Raul

Adventurer
Hopefully someone took it for a joy ride, but just in case is being parted, You may want to do craigslist searches on the areas close to you looking for parts that you have as "pop top", "Westfalia interior"....

I can not even imagine how you must be feeling. Best luck.

trailscape

Explorer
I'm north of Denver and will certainly keep an eye out. I can also browse through my dash cam footage and let you know if it pops up.

beansandrice

We found it!! Thanks so much to all of you keeping an eye out!

I actually spotted it about 10 minutes away from our house, in a sketchy party of our neighborhood. It's mostly intact. There we're about 100 concert tickets in there and they switched out the license plates, so I think this was going to be their fun music festival van.

The best part, they were super dumb and left their medical insurance paperwork and car title in there, so we have their name and address! We liked him up online-scumbag with a long rap sheet.

Thanks again for all the help and well wishes. I'll do a full reveal thread soon!

another_mike

Adventurer
We found it!! Thanks so much to all of you keeping an eye out!

I actually spotted it about 10 minutes away from our house, in a sketchy party of our neighborhood. It's mostly intact. There we're about 100 concert tickets in there and they switched out the license plates, so I think this was going to be their fun music festival van.

The best part, they were super dumb and left their medical insurance paperwork and car title in there, so we have their name and address! We liked him up online-scumbag with a long rap sheet.

Thanks again for all the help and well wishes. I'll do a full reveal thread soon!
Really good to hear. Outcome couldve been so much worse.

I worry about my van being stolen and fear itll either be stripped or used to steal an ATM in the middle of the night, which is very common in my area.

kevman

Observer
Awesome! We went through the same thing in January - only we had just started our rebuild, not finished. I can only imagine how that would have felt, my heart was so sad when I rear your first post. Not that it matters anymore but to re-iterate for the lurkers, social media is your friend when it comes to vehicle recovery. Get the word out and share, share, share!

So glad you got it back!!

nathane

Did you get to keep the concert tickets? Sounds like natural justice if you get a stack of gigs to go to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94