LED Campfire?

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
I think those new cold fusion portable campfires are a good solution. Just google "Acme Do-It-Yourself Cold Fusion Kit."

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Honestly feel for you guys and forest fire problems, couldn't imagine dealing w that, also couldn't imagine hauling a fake fire out into the wilderness.

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Are oil lanterns allowed? I used to use those for camping. They tip over pretty easily and are hard to transport.

LED and other lanterns do make a nice campsite ambiance. LUCIs are good, but any lantern hung from a tree or a line will help. I carry several and also use ENO string lights.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Forest fires are a natural part of the heathy forest, it needs to burn every 5 to 10 years

It’s not up to us chose when and where. That’s Ma Nature’s Job. All we do is respond. For you that do not live out west; butt out for you have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Are oil lanterns allowed? I used to use those for camping. They tip over pretty easily and are hard to transport.
None of the fire bans in my area have mentioned lanterns. And I've never gotten any flak from rangers while using my Dietz at the camp site.

That would probably be perfect. The kick out a nice golden glow, there is some heat but only if you're close, they don't flicker too much unless you get a breeze. The only problem is transportation. Seems like no matter what you do some of the oil splashes out and leaves a mess under the lantern after a bit of offroading.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
None of the fire bans in my area have mentioned lanterns. And I've never gotten any flak from rangers while using my Dietz at the camp site.

That would probably be perfect. The kick out a nice golden glow, there is some heat but only if you're close, they don't flicker too much unless you get a breeze. The only problem is transportation. Seems like no matter what you do some of the oil splashes out and leaves a mess under the lantern after a bit of offroading.

The usual wording is “no open flame”. So does a flame in a globe qualify as not open? My biggest concern with any lantern being the risk of knocking it over and causing a fire.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart

The usual wording is “no open flame”. So does a flame in a globe qualify as not open? My biggest concern with any lantern being the risk of knocking it over and causing a fire.

I talked with a Ranger a few days ago and he agreed a lantern would be ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles