2018 power-wagon comfort/expo build

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I cant wait for the day I can easily afford a PW. I've never had a car payment, always cash. But seeing all of these PW's coming up makes me want a car payment haha

Awesome looking truck!! I love white trucks too.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I never thought the PW would have this kind of presence in this community, but they are slowly becoming the go-to full-size option.

Oilbrnr

I never thought the PW would have this kind of presence in this community, but they are slowly becoming the go-to full-size option.

Yup, and for good reason. Just got back from a loop on the Mojave Rd. and the AZ strip. Nothing tough, but it is a good truck for longer journeys. Seriously considering a hallmark Milner to replace the ARE shell. Last year it was southern UT. Not as nimble as my 80, but way more comfy.

With the WK sliders and a decent rear steal bumper, they are pretty awesome.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yea I am considering a bumper before the end of the year. If Expo1 will do one without the d-ring mounts then I'll go that route.

W0lfpack91

The PW has one thing most new rigs dont. The solid front axle on coils sets it up as a capable and promising long term on/off road rig. Not to mention the factory warn winch and lockers, the truck out the box is almost on par with the rubicon as far as off road capabillity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The PW has one thing most new rigs dont. The solid front axle on coils sets it up as a capable and promising long term on/off road rig. Not to mention the factory warn winch and lockers, the truck out the box is almost on par with the rubicon as far as off road capabillity.

I'd say it's better than the Rubicon. It has a winch and the Rubicon doesn't, it has comparable ground clearance, more room/storage, better towing/payload capabilities, and a much better power plant. It's size is it's only downfall in comparison.

W0lfpack91

I'd say it's better than the Rubicon. It has a winch and the Rubicon doesn't, it has comparable ground clearance, more room/storage, better towing/payload capabilities, and a much better power plant. It's size is it's only downfall in comparison.
The size may be its only downfall but it is a massive one.

Jeeps were made for the offroad community thus their size has been closely regulated for years, the ram not so much. The ram is hands down superior to the wrangler for overlanding and general off road use but for the hardcore niche market the size alone is a deal breaker as it will have trouble fitting on alot of trails.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Agreed. My rock crawling and trail blazing days are over. I have had seven Jeeps and five Toyotas all of which saw use as trail rigs, some of which got to do some cross country/overlanding of their own. Now days I want a capable vehicle that can hit those same trails if need be, but can also carry everything I might need while on the road for days at a time. The Power Wagon fits role as well as the Land Cruiser, these are the two rigs that will fill my quiver from here on out and meet my needs.

Love my PW. Impressed a bunch of Toyota guys in Death Valley last thanksgiving. Size doesn’t matter that much as long as you don’t mind a little “trail rash”.
The decals are easy to remove with patience, a heat gun (hair dyer works) and effort. Plastic razor blades are also useful, but be careful. Any of the citrus based cleaners (goof off, etc), rubbing alcohol or bestine will take care of remaining adhesive. I debadge and remove the decals from all of my vehicles. I think they look much better without all the adornments.
Enjoy your truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles