Alu-Cab Khaya Camper

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hey All,

We are just a few weeks away from receiving our first Alu-Cab Khaya Camper at BDR Expedition Outfitters. We are the official Alu-Cab dealer for California & Nevada. Estimated wait times from point of order are 8-12 weeks, so the sooner you order, the sooner you can get your hands on the coolest 4x4 rated slide-in popup camper on the market.

Our new 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road shop truck is patiently awaiting the arrival of it's Khaya mate, so in the meantime, I'm posting photo's of OK4WD's show truck with a pre-production unit so you can get a sense of what it looks like. Once landed, our show unit can be viewed in either Sacramento or Sonoma.

Pricing starts at $14,990 for a blank slate model to $30,605 for a fully kitted unit with all the options (includes installation & destination/crate fees).

Base Unit
1 x Alu-Cab Khaya Prime Camper Shell (Silver or Black) $13,995
Destination & Crate Fee$995.00

Suggested Options
1 x Electrical System (Includes Factory Installation) $1,875.00
1 x H20 System (Includes Factory Installation) $1,995.00
1 x National Luna LED Swivel Light Package (Includes Factory Installation) $579.00
1 x (4) Mechanical Jacks (Includes Factory Installation) $695.00

Interior Options
1 x 12v 10L Water Heater System with Shower (Includes Factory Installation) $1,495.00
1 x Diesel Forced Air Furnace with 5L Fuel Tank (Includes Factory Installation) $1,595.00
1 x External Cupboard Kitchen Kitting (Includes Factory Installation) $295.00
1 x Internal Kitchen Sink & Stove Unit (Includes Factory Installation) $999.00
1 x 60L Fridge Platform (Includes Factory Installation) $249.00
1 x National Luna 60L Fridge with Basket $1,595.00

Exterior Options
1 x Folding Table Under Overhang (Includes Factory Installation) $395.00
1 x LHS Shadow Awn with Mounts (Includes Factory Installation) $1,629.00
1 x Load Bar Kit (Includes Factory Installation) $219.95
1 x Outdoor Shower Enclosure with Duckboard (Includes Factory Installation) $295.00
1 x Rear Door Canvas Zipped Pockets (Includes Factory Installation) $195.00
1 x Shadow Awn Gutter (Includes Factory Installation) $119.95
1 x Side Slide Prep Table (Includes Factory Installation) $249.95
1 x Spade (Mounted on RHS) (Includes Factory Installation) $195.00
1 x Swing Arm Full-Size Tire Carrier (Includes Factory Installation) $795.00
1 x Zippered Rear Screen Door (Includes Factory Installation) $149.95

The design and quality construction of these units is second to none. If you are in search of a robust slide-in camper that will withstand the abuse of off-road touring with plenty of inside/outside storage and innovative design features, this is it. If you would like to arrange a viewing/demo of this camper, please call Brett at 916-496-0648.

Last edited:

BDRXO

In terms of fitment, these campers come in one universal size and have been test fitted on Tacoma short and long bed pickups as well as Chevy Colorado's, but as more of these land in the US, I'm sure they will be test fitted to other trucks in the compact truck sector.

gmtech

Observer
any pics of it in a 5ft bed Tacoma? also if 60l fridge is not optioned . will 50qt ARB fit in same spot?
solar included with electrical 1875 option?

BDRXO

any pics of it in a 5ft bed Tacoma? also if 60l fridge is not optioned . will 50qt ARB fit in same spot?
solar included with electrical 1875 option?

Hi gmtech,

The $1,875 electrical option includes - Battery Box, CTEK D250 & 110V AC Charger, Fuse Block & Wiring
Solar panel option is an additional $850 (Includes a pair of 1450mm load bars for monting)
50qt ARB Fridge will work fine on the platform, it just won't fill out the space quite as much.

Here are a few shots of the Khaya on a 5' bed Tacoma...
IMG_7803.jpg
IMG_7812.jpg
IMG_7822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BDRXO

They aren't going to release their standard canopies?

We can order standard canopies no problem. Give me a ring and let me know exactly what you are looking for and I'll check US inventory...
Brett 916-496-0648

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Sorry Brett, it was more a curiosity than anything.

I was looking for such a topper a couple years back, but they didn't have anything for a Colorado. Now I've had to do something else and my budget doesn't have room for changing up.

Clock is ticking for my truck to head to Africa.

I had an Alu-Cab equipped 70 series in Africa in 2016, the quality is excellent! Damn good product.

BDRXO

Sorry Brett, it was more a curiosity than anything.

I was looking for such a topper a couple years back, but they didn't have anything for a Colorado. Now I've had to do something else and my budget doesn't have room for changing up.

Clock is ticking for my truck to head to Africa.

I had an Alu-Cab equipped 70 series in Africa in 2016, the quality is excellent! Damn good product.

No worries Bob. Sure wished we could get the new 70 series here in the US!

Xrunner

Explorer
Curious what the weight on a blank slate shell is? Also, when the bed is deployed can you still access the lower portion of the camper?

BDRXO

Curious what the weight on a blank slate shell is? Also, when the bed is deployed can you still access the lower portion of the camper?

The weight of the bare shell model is 750lbs...and with the bed deployed (in the sleeping position) the lower portion of the camper is accessible from the rear hatch and creates an isolated space suitable to sleep a 3rd person, or with the rear platform in the raised position, yes...you can access the lower galley

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
I am giving serious consideration towards this for our 2010 Tacoma DCSB! We are building the truck up now and will decide on the camper in the coming weeks. Really wish I could see one in person, may even fly out to OK4WD in Jersey! I'll post a ton of pictures once we are all set up. For our needs, this looks fantastic! Has everything we wanted in a compact, durable and easily-removable package.

BDRXO

Our demo Khaya should be here in Sonoma by the end of July...so if you wait a couple weeks we can show to you. We are super excited...these units are beautiful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles