New Van Life Addict

eaglevo

I have 2500 suburban springs on my van as well.
On one side, passenger IIRC, the bolt of the spring pack bracket thingy (the u-shaped clip the keeps the leaves in line) that is closest to the front hanger is rubbing a groove in my frame. There is about 1/4" clearance of the same bracket on the drivers side.

Anyone else having this happening? Or maybe I have a bent perch or spring.
Mine did the same on both sides. I was able to do a little grinding on the bolt on the drivers side, passenger side is the head of the bolt so not much choice. Mine has finally stopped rubbing to where I can clean up and reseal the groove in the frame.

Len.Barron

Observer
I have 2500 suburban springs on my van as well.
On one side, passenger IIRC, the bolt of the spring pack bracket thingy (the u-shaped clip the keeps the leaves in line) that is closest to the front hanger is rubbing a groove in my frame. There is about 1/4" clearance of the same bracket on the drivers side.

Anyone else having this happening? Or maybe I have a bent perch or spring.
It's usually a blown out spring/shackle bushing that allows the spring to shift and do that. It's very common for the shackle bushings to fail and then the shackles to crack/break.

eaglevo

It's usually a blown out spring/shackle bushing that allows the spring to shift and do that. It's very common for the shackle bushings to fail and then the shackles to crack/break.
I used all new bushings and shackles. I think just flipping the little keepers around would be an easy fix.

eporter

Adventurer
Do you usually have the captains chairs out and kids seats on the back row? Seems kinda nice to have them far enough back so they’re not kicking the seat back!

eaglevo

Do you usually have the captains chairs out and kids seats on the back row? Seems kinda nice to have them far enough back so they’re not kicking the seat back!
I only put the other seats in for extra passengers when needed. The grandkids can kick till their little hearts content ha ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94