OVRLND camper topper

kodiak-black

Observer
Thanks! Its been a while in the making. The full pop top really makes it a livable space, and I cant wait to see how people build them out.

Do you guys have a page that shows your latest builds or build out completed by customers? Would be great to see what people are coming it with for their needs.

OVRLND Campers

Do you guys have a page that shows your latest builds or build out completed by customers? Would be great to see what people are coming it with for their needs.

Just the build thread over on Tacoma World as of now. Since I'm so new I am working through the order list. Hopefully a bunch of my customers will document their builds. I have also had requests to add some interior woodwork to some and will make sure that those get documented on the website.

crolison

Observer
Assuming you slept in it, how was the sleeping experience? Have you made any changes to the inside living arrangement?
Yep, first night in it. The only modification I wish I made was a handle on my tailgate to close it easier from the inside. The temperatures were down to the 40s and it was too hot initially with the sleeping bag I had.

I’ve started to run electrical for lower lights, USB port, and eventual solar panels. I have also started insulating it, and have most of the bottom and about 1/2 of the ceiling insulated.

7F62AB56-4B7A-48CF-9539-3EC15C88670B.jpegDABA1BF6-70C8-435C-A6E1-773B35DBA767.jpeg

OVRLND Campers

This is exactly what I've been looking for! You took the best features of the FWC and the Habitat/FlipPac and combined them into one camper: Hard top instead of tent; lightweight camper shell instead of slide-in; fully customizable. @OVRLND Campers you're a genius, sir! Bravo! I'll be placing an order soon.

Glad I hit the sweet spot for you. Feel free to drop me a line anytime!

OVRLND Campers

I know some of you will be interested in this and were talking about the barn doors earlier in this thread. Here is a video that might answer some of your questions.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
I know some of you will be interested in this and were talking about the barn doors earlier in this thread. Here is a video that might answer some of your questions.

Your work looks so solid. I think you have really hit on a great camper solution. Aluminum is a wise choice. Airstream didn't pick it just for looks. It is eminently practical. Keep moving forward. I hope you make a fortune doing this. It will be a while before I can afford one, but it is definitely on my list.

Clutch

<---Pass
Personally, I’m interested in full height barn doors where the tailgate is removed (ala Caravan, etc., topper). Will you fab something similar?
View attachment 475071

After 10ish years of dealing with the tailgate with my Wildernest...still haven't figured out the best way to get in and out.

Crawl in...or sit on my butt, spin and flipping over to get on my knees...and scoot/crawl/shimmy in. Leave tailgate up, snaking up and through while stepping over tailgate, which so far the most comfortable, but you tend to get your pants filthy since the tailgate is usually covered in grime.

My favorite is trying to step up on tailgate, hunched over (so I don't have to crawl) and scrape my back on top of window frame as I trying to move forward and up at the same time.

Getting out is the same, plop on my butt on the tailgate, and scoot out...or squat, shuffle my feet while trying to turn my head to the side trying not to hit my it...never fails, usually pulls my hat off and it falls in the dirt.

Full height barn doors would be a great option. Or a hatch with a smaller door in the middle. Hatch gives you an automatic awning...

88960e5f4f41dcdbad3e6f3f14e8eee1.jpg

rear2on51801.jpg

Last edited:
@Cluthch. You hit the nail on the head. When I was in my 20s & 30s the tailgate wasn't an issue. It was an inconvenience in my 40's. Now at 50's door and after deployments taking their toll, the tail gate is a real problem. It is great to but a product that is build to last, but I would like to have a camper that can either be retrofitted or purchased with full barn door or a lift gate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles