The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
We'd love it if everyone running one of our fridges could post their setups! We love seeing new and unique setups!

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor

Coachgeo

Explorer
while mine is NOT a cfx..... but just a cf. I seem to have read more than once about it being best (generally speaking for all of the mini top load camp fridge actually) to keep them plug up even when not in use. Am I imagining things? Just unboxed mine (blim CF110) and plugged it in shore power. Turned temp up so compressor not on too often. It has been unplugged some time. so far it is cooling down slowly

UPDATE: Put it at its highest temp which is 50F. It is now sitting at 48F 5 hours later when returned home

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on the cfx50. Very happy so far. Am going to employ a small battery fan as described to better circulate cold air. Currently keeps the beer plenty cold
Wiring into house battery (optima yellow top group 34), supported by 100 watt solar on roof/20 amp controller and split charger rig when engine running.
Will come back with progress and hopefully no issues.

Last edited:

reaper229

Hey guys someone can tell me what type of 12v cable plug comes with the dometic cfx?
I installed in the rear Jku a ARB wires kit with the plug but i would like to Know if the dometic have the same cable as ARB(second picture)??

9d860966cd41d6c787db238c8e0e2dba.jpg
5500ef460d6cc148ea0b546ca15a909d.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reaper
Nice build. Question on the box-
- is there any issue with heat and air movement after putting the fridge inside the frame/box? Appears to cover the vents on the sides.

Thanks

djb5118

So I'm testing out my CFX-40 with my ArkPak and I wasn't able to get more than 16hr or so of use (plugged in via the 12v port). Seems weird. I've tested it with both an 88aH battery and 100aH battery with similar results. When I noticed the fridge was off, I checked the app and it says "Compressor System Faulty." My local service center said they were able to trip that code when they reduced the voltage down below the cutoff - but that doesn't explain why people are running their fridges for DAYS on smaller batteries. Why wouldn't the code indicate it hit the low voltage cutoff vs showing faulty compressor?

Any insight? I should be good for at least two days without issue with my setup. This is super frustrating.

@DometicOutdoors - do you have a list of error codes that you can share and what would cause them?

Varano14

So I'm testing out my CFX-40 with my ArkPak and I wasn't able to get more than 16hr or so of use (plugged in via the 12v port). Seems weird. I've tested it with both an 88aH battery and 100aH battery with similar results. When I noticed the fridge was off, I checked the app and it says "Compressor System Faulty." My local service center said they were able to trip that code when they reduced the voltage down below the cutoff - but that doesn't explain why people are running their fridges for DAYS on smaller batteries. Why wouldn't the code indicate it hit the low voltage cutoff vs showing faulty compressor?

Any insight? I should be good for at least two days without issue with my setup. This is super frustrating.

@DometicOutdoors - do you have a list of error codes that you can share and what would cause them?

Which battery protection setting are you on? I think the default is the medium which I believe is designed for a starter battery. Something is definitely up I have gotten almost 30 hours in really good conditions with a goal zero yeti 400 which is only 35ah. When I did that it was set on the lowest battery cutoff.

djb5118

Which battery protection setting are you on? I think the default is the medium which I believe is designed for a starter battery. Something is definitely up I have gotten almost 30 hours in really good conditions with a goal zero yeti 400 which is only 35ah. When I did that it was set on the lowest battery cutoff.

I have it on low. I have since done a re-test with adding the insulated jacket, prechilling the fridge on AC power, and filling it up about half way. I was able to get over a day (maybe 30hr) without issue. It still seems short given the size of the battery based on what others have written.

Did you chill your fridge? Was it full? Ambient temp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles