Pics of your Ambulance. Post Up!

Deshet

Adventurer
What year is the Bookdoctor and is the exterior wrapped?
Is it a conversion to the 2008+ front clip?
How much lift do you have and which type of 4x4 conversion?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
The Boondoctor is a 99 e series 7.3 wheeled coach with front end conversion and eight inch lift by ujoint offroad and has 37”
Toyo's custom headlight housings as wellA593C777-9E54-410C-9EEC-D9326234F5AA.jpg and yes it's a full wrap

Deshet

Adventurer
I am having trouble telling if yours was originally a minimod. It looks wider then mine but not as wide as a dually. These look great with 37" tires. I have been thinking about 35s.

Do you tow heavy with the 37s? Every lifted truck I had towed worse after the lift expect 1. It looks like you really did everything correctly with the suspension.

I would also like to see what you did to get rid of the lighting.

I thinking you have changed yours enough that people know longer know that it was originally an ambulance. (at least people who aren't into ambulances) That is what I am trying to do.

Deshet

Adventurer
I think mine is 5'6 ish inside.
I measured once, but can't remember. The small box fits my limited needs.
Sleeping platform folds up so back can be used transporting things when and if necessary.
Still want to build some roof racks and maybe update front bumper, add air compressor, finish updating exterior and interior lighting to LED.
Front light bar conversion went well. Plenty bright for my needs.
7496d5c2267d25e720ec9d71c886f1d0.jpg

e364b21fdad90726a492857a1913a07a.jpg

I always wondered if the expensive light bars are better or brighter then the ones you got on Amazon. When I look at the pictures I can' t tell the difference. They all seem to have Cree in the name. I am sure they are all made in China. These look bright enough for anything I will get into.

Deshet

Adventurer
I guess when you think about it $50-$60 should not be considered cheap. We are to use to paying high prices for "specialty goods" that really aren't that different.

It was a mini mod dually I'm running a single dually wheel in the back. I have towed a twenty six foot flatbed with two cars on it was no problem
It has some engine up grades.

And yes I went to the trouble to remove all lighting and fill all holes so I could start with fresh canvas.

It was a mini mod dually I'm running a single dually wheel in the back. I have towed a twenty six foot flatbed with two cars on it was no problem
It has some engine up grades.

And yes I went to the trouble to remove all lighting and fill all holes so I could start with fresh canvas.
Any chance of some inside pics, and some details on the rear bumber.

Thanks Jon

yager

Here is mine, thinking of starting a thread to document my 4x4 conversion.
Early this year....
BooBooBox is it name

Attachments

• 20180520_090302.jpg
    20180520_090302.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 49

RiderBloke

Observer
Found this the other day on Youtube. Best insides conversion of an ambulance I have seen and the suspension changes are pretty good to. Pardon me if it’s someone already on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coachgeo

Explorer
more on that wood burner (guess that is what it is) in back

is it a strip it all out and rebuild interior..... or some rebuild and some remodel of ambo shelving etc.?

more more more..... I love this interior

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier