Vanilla Gorilla: 2017 Power Wagon build

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Interesting thought. I look forward to seeing how you integrate those two. That XL pod is how long exactly? Fit a few guns during hunting season?

internal dimensions are 48x14x13 - so yeah there is plenty of room for long guns. you have the two locks on the handles, and each side has a loop for a padlock as well. the body is 1/4" thick rotomolded HDPE plastic and has a silicone seal all the way around.

Kingsize24

Sounds like it would piss a thief off. Awesome!!! :p

internal dimensions are 48x14x13 - so yeah there is plenty of room for long guns. you have the two locks on the handles, and each side has a loop for a padlock as well. the body is 1/4" thick rotomolded HDPE plastic and has a silicone seal all the way around.

jrob

Observer
Great minds think alike bud. I sold (gave) the runner to my girlfriend and pulled the trigger on a 2500 Laramie. It has a bit of a brotastic 6.5" lift and wheels to match, but currently shopping to replace all that.
I moved on for all the same reasons you mentioned, always love the 4runner but just got tired of 13 mpg with no power.
With the tune on the 6.7 I get 14 around town with 450/850 to the wheels.
So stoked.
Your power wagon is sick dude, maybe even more so the the grey.
Been loving the IG too.
Cheers!20180818_032456.jpg

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Great thread. I haven’t read it all, but a comment. Lose the air tank. Store air in your sliders and your spare tire and install aux fuel tank in the spare tire area. Good idea?

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i never installed the airtank, i decided it wasnt needed. Im not sure how you would store air in the spare tire reliably, and drilling and tapping into the sliders and running connections to them isnt something i want to spend my time on, and goes against my fully self contained compressor box build.

ive considered getting an auxiliary fuel tank but that is a lot of cost for supplanting existing spare fuel containers.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I considered installing a aux fuel cell in that space as well, but I have decided that I much prefer to have a rear facing winch in that space instead. Air compressors suck, the lines fail, they are loud, and eventually they over heat. Get a Powertank and air up faster than everyone else and take it out when you're not using it.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
my compressors are very quiet and are commercial grade 100% duty cycle and waterproof. I've had two Power Tanks before, and while they're nice for speed, my nearest C02 fill site is almost 40 miles from my house one way and i dont want to have to get the tank hydro tested every 5 years

Tex68w

Beach Bum
my compressors are very quiet and are commercial grade 100% duty cycle and waterproof. I've had two Power Tanks before, and while they're nice for speed, my nearest C02 fill site is almost 40 miles from my house one way and i dont want to have to get the tank hydro tested every 5 years

But would you even keep it for five years? Lol, just busting your chops!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i honestly have no intent of getting rid of this truck right now. that said, im eagerly awaiting what the 2020 HD's look like. im hoping for a continuation of chryslers new smaller displacement direct injected turbo gasoline engines to find its way into the 2500's.

Njream

I can’t believe I sat here and read this whole tread. (and actually registered so that I can reply ) I have a 2017 power wagon same color as yours. I also came from the Toyota world. I’ve had several trucks a 1st gen 4RUNNER and 100 series. And now I’m in the full-size world with some horse power. Great minds think a like and I want to do a lot of the same things that you’re doing. When you get around to the new Randy Ellis sliders can you please post a few pictures. Or a video I can’t find anything on YouTube about them. I almost went with the white knuckle sliders until I read your posts on them. I also think they might be a little too much for my purposes. So I am really looking forward to your posts on your new ones. Keep up the good work

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
I can’t believe I sat here and read this whole tread. (and actually registered so that I can reply ) I have a 2017 power wagon same color as yours. I also came from the Toyota world. I’ve had several trucks a 1st gen 4RUNNER and 100 series. And now I’m in the full-size world with some horse power. Great minds think a like and I want to do a lot of the same things that you’re doing. When you get around to the new Randy Ellis sliders can you please post a few pictures. Or a video I can’t find anything on YouTube about them. I almost went with the white knuckle sliders until I read your posts on them. I also think they might be a little too much for my purposes. So I am really looking forward to your posts on your new ones. Keep up the good work

i actually have the RED sliders for sale and i have the white knuckles mounted. I decided that being in the southern portion of the salt belt, i wasnt wiling to risk my rockers to rot. its unfortunate because i do believe the RED sliders to be a superior with how high they are mounted and how light they are compared to the White knuckles. That said, the white knuckles are absolutely considerably more robust

Njream

i actually have the RED sliders for sale and i have the white knuckles mounted. I decided that being in the southern portion of the salt belt, i wasnt wiling to risk my rockers to rot. its unfortunate because i do believe the RED sliders to be a superior with how high they are mounted and how light they are compared to the White knuckles. That said, the white knuckles are absolutely considerably more robust

I live in Southern California, so I have no issues with that. I was thinking after mounting the red sliders I was going to rhino line where the black stickers are on the bottom part of the truck. How much do you want for the sliders?

ttengineer

Adventurer

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz