What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

FlightMedicJP

So I finally got around to fixing my body damage from the Uwharrie Jeep Jamboree. I bent my Sahara steps and mounts. On the way home from North Carolina I found a set of Rubicon Rock Sliders for $70 on craigslist. Big time Score!!

rnArmy

Adventurer
Replaced the windshield wiper switch. And more importantly, replaced the 5/16" steel cable on my winch with 3/8" synthetic line. And swapped out the aluminum rollers on the fairlead with poly rollers.

Oh; and the aftermarket stereo stopped playing CDs about a month ago, so I put in a new Pioneer unit (thanks Crutchfield).

Attachments

• winch line synthetic.jpg
    winch line synthetic.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 35

tsteb112

So I finally got around to fixing my body damage from the Uwharrie Jeep Jamboree. I bent my Sahara steps and mounts. On the way home from North Carolina I found a set of Rubicon Rock Sliders for $70 on craigslist. Big time Score!!

There’s been many stock steps that have been claimed by uwharrie. Especially the jku steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed a Defender roof rack, then built a solar hot water heater for my jeep.
After that ended up taking a trip to AZ for a Thanks Giving feast in the desert with some FSJ friends.View attachment 484988

I like the idea of the rack, the water along the rail has always scared me for weight distribution as in an offcamber or swerving situation that’s force pulling the roof right towards the ground.

Thought about fitting a shower pipe in the underbody or between one of the bumpers? Just my thought. Or you could always drain the shower if you were in a more technical trail I guess...

American Jeeper

Got it wet and I do believe slightly bent my axle....this was over the weekend, but had a quick trip about three hours away, slept in the Jeep, and did a run through this park. Pretty awesome and although I don’t go off road often alone, it was a good exercise to test my systems, load out, and to have to rely only on myself and Jeep for any issues that came up.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Got it wet and I do believe slightly bent my axle....this was over the weekend, but had a quick trip about three hours away, slept in the Jeep, and did a run through this park. Pretty awesome and although I don’t go off road often alone, it was a good exercise to test my systems, load out, and to have to rely only on myself and Jeep for any issues that came up.

Excellent video. Never heard of that place, but looking to plan a trip there for a weekend soon.

American Jeeper

Excellent video. Never heard of that place, but looking to plan a trip there for a weekend soon.

Thank you! I have known about it, but it is just far enough away that I have always hit a few places closer to me or headed the other direction to Colorado. It is pretty amazing there that’s for sure! Where do you normally like to go?

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Thank you! I have known about it, but it is just far enough away that I have always hit a few places closer to me or headed the other direction to Colorado. It is pretty amazing there that’s for sure! Where do you normally like to go?

I’ve been to Marble Falls and Bridgeport a couple times. Colorado is awesome but a long way from Dallas.

667ae18658fe896a9b00a9af6697d65f.jpg

New ATK engine is in.

Too much cleaning and prep past few days. Whole underbody stripped and primed then bedlined. Full engine bay. Scotch brited and polished all the aluminum pieces. VHT paint on all the steel/high heat. All bolts replaced with grade 8.

Figure if not now then when will it ever get done? On the bright side it’s practically a new car after all this...

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader

New ATK engine is in.

Too much cleaning and prep past few days. Whole underbody stripped and primed then bedlined. Full engine bay. Scotch brited and polished all the aluminum pieces. VHT paint on all the steel/high heat. All bolts replaced with grade 8.

Figure if not now then when will it ever get done? On the bright side it’s practically a new car after all this...

It’s like deja vu watching this. Good work.

motoboss

Bad Influence

New ATK engine is in.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the ATK motor after you've run it in. I'm nearing a rebuild or replacement for my 2000 XJ and can't decided on an aftermarket motor or rebuild.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the ATK motor after you've run it in. I'm nearing a rebuild or replacement for my 2000 XJ and can't decided on an aftermarket motor or rebuild.

ATK has a good reputation. Jasper does as well. Some years ago I would never recommend jasper but they have seemed to put a lot of effort in fixing themselves.
Iirc, Napa used to sell gopher reman motors and had good reviews. Not sure if they still are.

Will do. So far everything looks in top top shape. The kit came with a full gasket kit and oil pump I bought or reused everything else.

In my case having a block with 236k on it and a previous owner that let it overheat and didn’t know much on maintenance I was risky to put more money/time into it. Especially with coolant in the oil and the 0331 head that could’ve turned out cracked. And a developing piston slap... The ATK claims to be fully done over with everything machined and factory issues “reverse engineered”. Just the time and cost of running everything to a machine shop in a rebuild had me tip to buying a crate long block.

36k/3 year warranty. Check out the 4.7 Baja stroker they make as well, just for kicks. 270HP and solid low end torque. 4700 wasn’t the going price for my build though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles