New Alu-cab Khaya Camper for sale in US - details with pricing now available

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Hey @rino , thanks for the info. I am curious, do you have the dimensions of the two sleeping platforms? Having to lift the rear while someone is sleeping is a concern...I'm curious what the lengths of each piece are. Also, is the Weekender the "empty" version and that's why it has more room? Where are you keeping a hi-lift jack?

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Hi @rino , also, your early post says "4 sleeper in testing". Any update on that?

We are comparing against a FWC at our shop here...it's plush but there is a lack of recovery gear support...like a spare tire.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Hey @rino , thanks for the info. I am curious, do you have the dimensions of the two sleeping platforms? Having to lift the rear while someone is sleeping is a concern...I'm curious what the lengths of each piece are. Also, is the Weekender the "empty" version and that's why it has more room? Where are you keeping a hi-lift jack?
Hi @rino , also, your early post says "4 sleeper in testing". Any update on that?

We are comparing against a FWC at our shop here...it's plush but there is a lack of recovery gear support...like a spare tire.

The weekender model basically has no interior bulkhead or bench and is like a cargo van of space. The bed section on the Khaya 2 sleeper is 2 sections, the main bed is 6' 4" long so it is easy to pop the rear section and someone hop down. With the rear section up you have about a 30" wide area to use the stove, stand or get dressed.

QQYwPfi.jpg

The FWC is an awesome camper for interior based living and just tons of space. The Alu-Cab products like the Ossewa and Khaya have always been more expedition and exterior living oriented. The outside cupboards for instance while limiting interior hangout space, allow you to store your cooking and recovery kit outside where you will be using them most. Also because of the aluminum extrusion construction, things like roof racks, tire carriers, propane mounts, etc can be mounted where you choose on the camper.

Lastly, we will not have the 4 - sleeper totally ready before Overland Expo East but I can share a few renders of what we have been testing in ZA. Again, outside living oriented with space to sleep 4 people in a midsize pickup. ;) This has a 90l National Luna fridge, 80l water tank, 12v hot water heater, diesel air furnace and small sink and stove inside as well.

DcJH6zZ.png

n97PrIE.png

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Hi @rino , thanks for the info! The pic of the rear section up is exactly what I was looking for. I want to be able to get in/out while the wife and kid are still asleep and at those measurements, seems perfect. I assume the fridge can be accessed while the bed is down as well? I am curious about the outside cupboards on a fully-loaded Khaya. I have seen different versions in pics, some with carpet and shelves, some with zippered storage, etc. Do you have pics of what the side cupboards would look like on a loaded Khaya that does not get the dinner set (we already have that). I like the carpet, shelves, and the zippered compartments on the driver's side for sure. Passenger side is for recovery equipment and I'm mostly interested in how much space there is in there. Thanks again for the information @rino !

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Hi @rino ,

Can you confirm that the Khaya will fit on a 2010 Tacoma short bed? I heard from a local shop that it did not fit that year due to the shape of the wheel wells in the bed. Come to think of it, I've only seen it on 2016+ models. Thanks!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
What is the width of the sleeping platform? Will an Expedia Megamat Duo fit? 52"wide.
Is a wider, full size truck version something that will be hitting the market (US) in the next 6-8 months?

Yes, the bed section is 54" x 100" and not a full size Khaya but a full size canopy camper is in the works for Spring 2019!

Hi @rino ,

Can you confirm that the Khaya will fit on a 2010 Tacoma short bed? I heard from a local shop that it did not fit that year due to the shape of the wheel wells in the bed. Come to think of it, I've only seen it on 2016+ models. Thanks!

Yes, the 2nd and 3rd gen bed liners are nearly identical and they will mount up with no issues. I haven't sold a unit on a 2nd gen, but have test fit them, the 3rd gen is mighty popular.

LateNate

Adventurer
With the camper off of the truck and the jacks holding the camper up (without the truck) can one get inside and spend time?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles