Our new 2018 144" High Roof Sprinter 2500

offroadkid

Hello everyone! I've been a Mercedes-Benz Tech for 13 years now and recently discovered how cool Sprinters are! We have always been Land Cruiser owners and are on our 5th one, (a 100 this time).

My dealership doesn't sell, or work on Sprinters but our other dealership does and so the wife and I stopped by one weekend to look at them. The Sales Manager was there on his day off and he spent the better part of the day walking us around and explaining the good options to order and what options are not necessary! He showed us his newly arrived 4X4 with dual sliding doors! I absorbed all the information with much excitement and when we got home I started building and editing, and building and editing until I was sure I built the perfect van for us!

I sent it to him for his opinion and he said it was perfect and let me know he had one slot left open for a 144" 4X4 and he already sent my build to the factory and they had accepted it!!

The order was placed in January and it couldn't be more perfect! The Sales Mgr text me and asked if we were home because he wanted to come take a look at our Nissan Patrol he has always wanted to see! Not too much later he arrived in the driveway with our girl!! What a nice surprise! It arrived at the dealership yesterday on our 21st wedding anniversary!!!

The only option I couldn't get was orange seat belts! The factory wouldn't allow it with swivel seats.

We got the factory emergency flashlight and the wheel chock though!!

Okay now the pics!

IMG_1674.JPGfullsizeoutput_1d1.jpegIMG_1676.JPGIMG_1671.JPGIMG_1703.JPGIMG_1687.JPGIMG_1707.JPG

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Nice! Great color and you got the factory HID head lights. I wish I had the plastic trim around my rear door frame like that, still not 100% sure how I’m going to finish that area.

brobin15

I am curious if you have a build sheet of what you ordered from the factory? My fiance' and I are looking into getting a 144" high roof 4x4 ourselves. It looks like yours is the crew?

Thanks!

Paddy

Adventurer
Ccoool. Few questions. Where is the extra battery? What is downhill speed regulation for 4x4? How does the electrically heated windshield work?

offroadkid

Ccoool. Few questions. Where is the extra battery? What is downhill speed regulation for 4x4? How does the electrically heated windshield work?

The auxiliary battery is to the engine compartment! I replaced it with 2 6V 224Ah batteries from Full River!

Downhill Speed Regulation is like Cruise Control for descending steep parts. It keeps the vehicle speed nice and slow without using the brake pedal!

The heated windshield has very small defroster wires all throughout and when turned on, clears ice and snow within minutes!!DE95FF7F-1844-46F4-84C5-6493AAA22F79.jpeg52EF3D02-1440-4D46-A2E4-BA1B209D76A4.jpeg

86scotty

Cynic
Pretty color!!!!!! (The preceding exclamation points may or may not be poking a little fun at your excitement and use of exclamation points in every statement).

Really, great color, nice van.

offroadkid

Pretty color!!!!!! (The preceding exclamation points may or may not be poking a little fun at your excitement and use of exclamation points in every statement).

Really, great color, nice van.

HA! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I guess I do get excited with the exclamation points ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles