E350 Chinook Build

eporter

Adventurer
Toyota Land Cruiser Copper Brown Metallic!

b67f74ee2880f2a9191b88636c0d5abc.jpg

brp

Observer
Here is my similar vehicle in a color similar to the Jeep color you mentioned up-thread. Mine is Calvary Blue, a Toyota color used on FJ's and 4Runners. Just food for thought.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 5.47.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 5.47.35 PM.png
    495.6 KB · Views: 118

86scotty

Cynic
I really like a lot of the newer dark colors on overland vehicles. I don't think you can go wrong. The dark green and gray Jeep colors are two of my faves. I recently bought a gray Jeep and the color is called Rhino. So, of course, we call the Jeep Rhino. Check out that color.

Not my Jeep but just like the one in the first post here. Just for your consideration:

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/rhino-pics-1556169.html

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I love the Mercedes brown if i can help in your decision aha!

Yea that’s in the mix. We’re going to drive around this week to all the dealers and compare colors.

Here is my similar vehicle in a color similar to the Jeep color you mentioned up-thread. Mine is Calvary Blue, a Toyota color used on FJ's and 4Runners. Just food for thought.

Looks good man! We were going to do Anvil Grey but somewhere along the way decided a darker color would look best.

Toyota Land Cruiser Copper Brown Metallic!

b67f74ee2880f2a9191b88636c0d5abc.jpg

I like it on that, not for the camper tho.

I really like a lot of the newer dark colors on overland vehicles. I don't think you can go wrong. The dark green and gray Jeep colors are two of my faves. I recently bought a gray Jeep and the color is called Rhino. So, of course, we call the Jeep Rhino. Check out that color.

Not my Jeep but just like the one in the first post here. Just for your consideration:

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/rhino-pics-1556169.html

We thought about a dark green color but don’t want it to look like a military vehicle haha.

eporter

Adventurer
I’m sure it’ll look good no matter what you pick. I think most campers and RVs end up lighter colored to be neutral for most buyers, and to stay cooler in the sun. White roof prob helps the most for that though.

Love the build. I sold my Chinook project b/c baby #2 just showed up. I will continue to live vicariously through expo and builds like this!

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
I love this thread and big thanks to supporting our business with your feedback! Its great to see more Chinooks coming through for our suspension lift kits! Here is a the overview video of Geoffs build. Thanks.

I look forward to seeing the new paint job.

eporter

Adventurer
Looking good! When I got my gutted Premier I was worried it wasn’t as cool as the concourse with its big windows. Then I realized they would only make the interior buildout more difficult. The small sink window and large rectangular dinette/couch windows were a better call. Will be cool to see how yours ends up.

Are you adding any ribs/structure to strengthen the side now that there’s no window frame?

eporter

Adventurer
Also, I saw this 2001 Starflyte on CL and thought of your build. Kitchen and bath are all on pass. side though.

a8f2ff5b46145386588709a9a6ac6ae7.jpg

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Door is all cut down! Was a little tricky figuring out the length of the frame, screen door, and door since they needed to all be cut to different lengths. Overall it wasn’t that bad. Took about 3-4hrs in total. Just have to install it now, need to get some butyl tape.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles