Tundra vs F150

wheelsee

I've a 2011 F150 SCrew with 3.5L (?) Ecoboost.....> 200K miles with NO problems (just do basic PM, oil change every 10K)....... This was my 1st Ford, won't be my last. My wife hates trucks (long memory) but LOVES the 150. When this one finally dies, I'll get another one (but with 6.5 bed).....just don't know when as we drive ours till they drop...... and as said above, I'm not willing to pay the Toyota "tax" (had a PU in 1989 which we liked)

brandon12777

Had a 2015 Tundra now I have a 2017 F-150. Ford is better in SOOOO many ways and if it was the same truck just made by Toyota it would be the best thing ever. With that said I'm a default Toyota guy (2 100 series, Tundra, MR2, Scion, etc.) so I always find myself thinking every little thing I don't like in the Ford is or will be a serious problem. I'll probably keep this truck through my extended warranty then hopefully by then Tundra has something more competitive released. The Supercrew as for as the family can't be beat though best interior room of ANY of the trucks available.

rrflyer

Yah, talked to some Toyota folks earlier this year and they said all they heard from Toyota was a lot of lightening/aluminum use just like everyone else. nothing big as far as power plant etc....

The Ford I’m looking at is an XL with fx4. 301a package I know on the higher trim levels thenfords are much nicer but this is a lower one. The locker and MPG difference are what’s really drawing me to the ford. I’ve had good experience with my 4runners in the past so I do like he Toyota for Long term......

brandon12777

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'm not sure what to think about this, I work in Automotive Development / Testing and platform sharing is mostly for cost reduction. Not that wouldn't like cheaper trucks but I'm someone who is also paying for quality, purpose, and engineering.
Yeah.... I'm sure it's for cost reduction. But I am pretty sure that the cost savings won't be passed on to the consumer....

gillbrak

I love my Tundra. Have never had any issue. Yes gas mileage is terrible, and the old gas tank is small, my only complaints. I get truck envy every now and then but am content with my truck. I’m hoping for some changes with the new Tundras. I wonder what the responses to this would be over in the Toyota section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrfoamy

Mrfoamy
Since you mention family, something not discussed here is crash testing, where Ford scores tops, Tundra "acceptable" and "good", and Taco "poor".

tacollie

Glamper
Drive both and get the one that you like best. They are both good trucks. I love my Tundra. I was looking at F150s and Tundras. I bought a Tundra because we were buying used The first truck that fit our criteria and wasn't beat was a Tundra. Either way you will have a good truck.

nickw

Adventurer
I'd vote F150 with HD package, opens up a lot of options down the road for campers where most std. 1/2 tons struggle to stay under GVW. I like the EB's, some folks don't, but turbo tech has been around for years, nothing Ford is doing that isn't well thought out. It's something else to go wrong but you also have much better performance from sea level to however high you wanna go. They've generally been reliable with only a handful of problems....regardless of what folks say on forums.

D45

Explorer
I would never own an F150 again, especially the misc issues with it and poor fuel economy

I miss my Dodge and will be going back to either a 2500/3500

billiebob

Tundra is old school, F150 is modern

Here are this years photos from the offset collision testing.

2019 F150

2019 TUNDRA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier