Tundra vs F150

Status
Not open for further replies.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
I'll take the F150 with its fully boxed frame, better fuel economy, and same transmission/transfer case/ driveshafts/axles as the Raptor.

Not that there is anything wrong with the Tundra...but I've owned both.. the Tundra leaves much to be desired, especially for the price.

Also, I fixed your post for you ;-)

Ok ford fanboy

bkg

Explorer
Umm tundras are nit breaking axles nor have braking issues.
The frame recalls is pretty much the only retort that people have when discussing Toyota's reputation for reliability.

The last vehicles to be affected by the frame recalls were from the 2008-2010 era. And more importantly, Toyota recognized the issue and offered full replacements, at no cost to the owners.

Not quite the same as Ford telling 6.0 powerstroke or early ecoboost owners that they just have to deal with the problems since no factory fix will ever be developed.

Frames, 3.0 headgaskets, 22rx headgaskets, rust, gen2 tacoma motor mounts, gen3 tacoma oiling issues..

At least be honest about this stuff... your using a single example and then chastising someone who responds with a single example.

D

Deleted member 9101

Frames, 3.0 headgaskets, 22rx headgaskets, rust, gen2 tacoma motor mounts, gen3 tacoma oiling issues..

At least be honest about this stuff... your using a single example and then chastising someone who responds with a single example.
Uhhh oh! How dare you claim that Toyota builds less than perfect vehicles!!!! (You forgot the 5.7 water pump issues)

The Expo gods shall frown upon you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: bkg

Riversdad

How about we just agree that while most trucks built today are pretty good, they all have their problems. considering that, just buy what you like.
You're never going to change a fanboys mind no matter what brand they like.

peekay

Adventurer
I'll take the F150 with its fully boxed frame, better fuel economy, more power, and same transmission/transfer case/ driveshafts/axles/brakes as the Raptor.

Not that there is anything wrong with the Tundra...but I've owned both.. the Tundra leaves much to be desired, especially for the price.

Also, I fixed your post for you ;-)

Haha, but make sure you carry a full set of both metric and SAE tools in your toolbox! I was astonished when I had my F350 that they used both types on the same vehicle. So confusing.

D

Deleted member 9101

Haha, but make sure you carry a full set of both metric and SAE tools in your toolbox! I was astonished when I had my F350 that they used both types on the same vehicle. So confusing.

Humm... my 2017 is 100% metric.

While I'm not 100% sure, I don't remember my 90, 91, or 97 having both.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Is it so hard to look at the plus's and minus's each truck has and make a decision? Without fan boys getting bent out of shape. Ya'll toyota guys are crying like fiat/chrysler owners in this thread. Ford makes a Tundra better than Toyota right now. Big deal.

For a bunch of guys that call trucks with larger than 35" tires a ''wang enhancement'', ya'll sure do spend a ton of time using your truck to measure your cocks. Quit taking it so personally.

And most nuts and bolts are made in china. It's entirely possible that a truck is completely SAE, but all of the screwy chinese bolts still work best with metric tools. It's not uncommon for us to ''adjust'' a cheap socket to fit cheap bolts.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader

All of those are not as big a deal as you are making them out to be. If you really owned as many as you claim you’d know this.

nickw

Adventurer
Is it so hard to look at the plus's and minus's each truck has and make a decision? Without fan boys getting bent out of shape. Ya'll toyota guys are crying like fiat/chrysler owners in this thread. Ford makes a Tundra better than Toyota right now. Big deal.

For a bunch of guys that call trucks with larger than 35" tires a ''wang enhancement'', ya'll sure do spend a ton of time using your truck to measure your cocks. Quit taking it so personally.

And most nuts and bolts are made in china. It's entirely possible that a truck is completely SAE, but all of the screwy chinese bolts still work best with metric tools. It's not uncommon for us to ''adjust'' a cheap socket to fit cheap bolts.
LOL - got a good laugh.

peekay

Adventurer

Haha, dude, you need to have a beer.
People are here just ribbing each other for fun and it seems like you're the only one who's getting "bent out of shape."

As far as the bolts are concerned, your explanation is wrong. Ford is not of such bad quality that their bolts would be so sloppy that you can use both SAE and Metric wrenches on them. (Chrysler, however, may actually be that bad. Haha.) The reason that I have heard is that their parts are sourced worldwide and therefore there's both kinds of bolts. I'm glad to hear that this may no longer be the case and that they have moved to metric

Last edited:

XJLI

Adventurer
The funny thing about this thread is that it was cross posted in the domestic forum as well, it went a couple pages and ended days ago with "both trucks have plusses and minuses but you cant go wrong with either most of the time so buy which one you like best." Everyone here is still thinks the domestic brands and Toyotas still make the same trucks they made in the early 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke