Ram and Ford HD owners.....enter here.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I am considering my next vehicle coming here in the next 6-7 months and it has been narrowed down to another Ram 2500 or Superduty F-250. I am curious, those of you out there with either truck and either motor, where and how have you mounted your ARB Dual Compressors? I am already starting to put parts aside for the eventual project and this is one item I can't live without so I would like to see what your solution has been. I enjoyed the Toyota's having commercially available mounts but that's not the case for these domestic HD trucks (unless I am uninformed). Thanks!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'd put them under the bed on the frame. I'm using a scuba tank for air currently.

Make a rack for them so the whole darn thing can be mounted and removed with just two bolts. It's so easy with a fullsize, no custom kits would even sell.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I am considering my next vehicle coming here in the next 6-7 weeks and it has been narrowed down to another Ram 2500 or Superduty F-250. I am curious, those of you out there with either truck and either motor, where and how have you mounted your ARB Dual Compressors? I am already starting to put parts aside for the eventual project and this is one item I can't live without so I would like to see what your solution has been. I enjoyed the Toyota's having commercially available mounts but that's not the case for these domestic HD trucks (unless I am uninformed). Thanks!
Fixed your post for you, haha!

Adventurous

Explorer

Underside of the bed up at the front, on both the driver and passenger side, are these large, empty cavities begging for a compressor and tank. Some time in the next few months I'll be fabricating a mount to get an ARB twin and tank in here.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Had I not fallen hook, line, and sinker back into riding bikes then you'd probably be right on that timeline lol. It'll be the end of the year, too many trips and other purchases ahead of this.

I hear ya, ever since getting this 450L my wallet can't keep money in it.

As far as a new truck goes I am still going to hold out and keep the 4Runner until at least 2022, maybe longer. An the Ford 7.3 gas XL is the front runner for a 4 replacement at this point in time.

On my '12 F350, I had mounted my ARB Dual on top of the spare tire carrier, lots of room. If you mount it anywhere under the truck, extend the air intakes up to a cleaner area out of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94