E350 Chinook Build

wera917

Thanks for posting, in RVA, been following your thread. Been looking for a shop to do some paint work on a pick up project and will give Fast Eddies a call (y)

Mike

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I’m with others... I cringed when you said brown. I’d be looking at the GMC Acadia colour based on how the pic looks on my phone. You’re wise to be looking at it on a vehicle in different light... also consider how it’ll look dirty. My 40 series Landcruiser looked great in the red it was when I bought it... until it was dusty, or the paint got oxidized... it’s bound to be dirty often.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I’m with others... I cringed when you said brown. I’d be looking at the GMC Acadia colour based on how the pic looks on my phone. You’re wise to be looking at it on a vehicle in different light... also consider how it’ll look dirty. My 40 series Landcruiser looked great in the red it was when I bought it... until it was dusty, or the paint got oxidized... it’s bound to be dirty often.

Yea we decided on the Honda color, Kona Coffee Metallic. Mostly because we wanted a true brown color, unlike the other colors which looked more like a “brownish grey.” It will look brown in the sunlight and probably dark grey at night which is fine. We would rather go dark then choose a brown that looks too light (goldish) is the sun.

But I’m not going to lie that the name had a factor in it haha. Kona HI is one of our favorite places to visit (well the big island in general). We have been actively looking to purchase a home there for quite some time waiting for the perfect one to pop up. So when we were confused with all the browns we saw and learned the name of the Honda color, my wife made the decision that was it haha.

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I’m sure it’ll look awesome... given how good it looked white, it’ll look good in almost any colour... except for hot pink... then we’d have to have an intervention and find it a new home (or put it down so it didn’t have to live with the shame). ;)

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I’m sure it’ll look awesome... given how good it looked white, it’ll look good in almost any colour... except for hot pink... then we’d have to have an intervention and find it a new home (or put it down so it didn’t have to live with the shame). ;)

Haha don’t worry, nothing I’ll ever own will be hot pink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles