LR4 fridge placement

harbinger808

Adventurer
I don't really have a build thread but I can post some pics of the Disco4 soon :)
Really happy with it and need to take her in soon before our road trip. We are at 68600 miles and want to do a once over. It's A CPO so I'm going to try and have LR take care of the bill ;)

Build thread!

harbinger808

Adventurer
sound advise my friend... i start my disco everyday no matter what. prepare for the worst hope for the best.

Microstart is a solid move, I love mine-its good insurance and may mitigate the need to move just a little more. I'd still start the truck once or twice a day (I can't help but turn a vehicle on at dawn & dusk...but that's the Marine in me). Jealous of the time in AZ-I'm looking forward to getting back there one day!

racehorse

Adventurer
middle seat removed

Mine is an engel perched where the middle seat used to be. I have a three year old and an infant. Works great - traxide system as well, aux batt.

Attachments

• fridge22.jpg
    fridge22.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 281
  • fridge1.jpg
    fridge1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 276
  • fridge1.jpg
    fridge1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 258

racehorse

Adventurer
It's the small one - mt17 q.....seems tiny but so far has been fine for us. I have a 43qt edgestar that I downsized simply because I always seemed to have too much food and it took up too much space. If I had to do it again i would have got the engel 35 - it's got more capacity internally but the footprint would fit nicely in that spot as well. Any fridge 43qt or so will fit in that spot but the engel looks proper in my opinion like it could be a factory option.

NCLRbear

Adventurer
I took out my left rear seat, behind the driver because my 2 1/2 year old son's car seat is in the middle. Thats the safest spot. I used to have it in the back on a slide mounted to my drawers but it was too hard to get stuff in and out of. the only other option for that is if you get the $1000+ tempo tusk fridge slide that rotates down. I also run the Traxxide kit and modified it so that the center 12v is always hot as well as the one in the back. I love having the duel battery and fridge.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Hey NCLRbear... do you have any pics and what size fridge/brand do you have installed? Also, was it was to disconnect all the wiring for that seat? Personally, I like the middle seat also since thats where our 2 month old is now and my 2 1/2yr old is on the passenger side now.

I took out my left rear seat, behind the driver because my 2 1/2 year old son's car seat is in the middle. Thats the safest spot. I used to have it in the back on a slide mounted to my drawers but it was too hard to get stuff in and out of. the only other option for that is if you get the $1000+ tempo tusk fridge slide that rotates down. I also run the Traxxide kit and modified it so that the center 12v is always hot as well as the one in the back. I love having the duel battery and fridge.

Lemagus

Dredging this thread up from the past...

Does anyone have any experience with adding a fridge in place of the middle seat and still trying to use that area for sleeping? I assume most fridge units will stick up significantly(?) from that flattened level when all is made even. We use a pretty large air mattress in the back but am thinking with a fridge sticking up in the front middle, it isn't going to work. Any input appreciated.

keeper1616

Observer
I do. I have the ARB 62qt fridge mounted where the middle seat was. It does sit up above the floor about 5-6 inches. I ended up building a set of drawers for the rear, and then extending that platform over the fridge and back seats in order to sleep. Obviously, the floor over the fridge is removable so you can get to the fridge when you're not using it for sleeping. It's not an ideal solution, but I didn't think of anything else.

Lemagus

I do. I have the ARB 62qt fridge mounted where the middle seat was. It does sit up above the floor about 5-6 inches. I ended up building a set of drawers for the rear, and then extending that platform over the fridge and back seats in order to sleep. Obviously, the floor over the fridge is removable so you can get to the fridge when you're not using it for sleeping. It's not an ideal solution, but I didn't think of anything else.

Thanks Keeper. I have seen some drawer solutions like that and they seem to do a good job of raising the floor line up to or above the Fridge which would smooth it out for sleeping. I was hoping to not go that way, but possibly. I suppose one could remove the fridge at night if that wasn’t too difficult and then reattach in the am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier