Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

martinf

as someone who does not know anything about suspension and such, would the tremor be a better starting point for say an xpcamper than a regular 350?

PeteEinMT

Observer
I went and priced out a similar loaded FX 4 Ford gasser when I was looking at new trucks The Ford was 5k more than my 19 Power Wagon (I had 2 dealers quote the ford and were within $1,000 of each other) equipped as close as I could get so I bet this truck will be 10k more than a Power Wagon. I could add 35's (I did) and some high end shocks and be pretty dialed in for a lot less than 10k. I like what they are doing and the Rebel to Raptor was a good analogy. I will say that the Power Wagon should have some sort of Running boards/Slider so add another $1500 for White Knuckle.

Pete

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
Let’s call it what it is, an upgraded off road setup for the Super Duty. For 90% of the truck owners it’s a great upgrade, especially if you need a diesel. It’s just not a Power Wagon.
Your right! I would also mention it’s not in the same class as a power wagon. It’s a decent package for allot of people.

shade

as someone who does not know anything about suspension and such, would the tremor be a better starting point for say an xpcamper than a regular 350?
V1 - Full Size XPCamper

I think that really depends on if you'd rather have a turn-key truck or go aftermarket/DIY. Either way, you'd have a solid truck under the camper. Other than the traction control suite, it looks like everything offered with the Tremor package - or better than the Tremor package - is available via the aftermarket.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
If you were already buying an F250 with the intention of doing small, purposeful mods this seems like the truck to buy, especially with the diesel option. Its kind of like the Jeep Rubicon dilemma; you could buy a Rubicon and all the fancy gadgets right out of the box and it will kick ass but if you're planning on driving it from the dealership to a modification shop and installing Dana 60s then you may as well go with the Sport. If you want a F250 and you want ICON or your prefered suspension on it, get the other package, simple as that.

I'm not in the market for an F250 right now, but if I was I think I'd take a long look at this. Its why I bought a Raptor over an F150 and dropping it off to get done up as a prerunner, its suits what I need and it does it out of the box from the factory. I think some of you are overstating the importance of a front locker and a factory winch. My Jeep doesn't have a front locker and I don't feel like I regret not putting it in when I built it because 95% of where I have taken it doesn't require it. My Raptor has the same differential setup as this package and I think its just about perfect.

Ford has told the Alabama dealer No free Bibles No free Flag No free Gun deals for July 4th hoiliday. I think I may have to consider something else for a truck.

Seems to be pretty flimsy reasons to be a deciding factor on what vehicle you'd be willing to drive every day for the next few years.

justbecause

perpetually lost
So the most hated truck on this forum, becomes the benchmark when a leveling kit and front LSD is added?

Or is it the cool Tremor, Powerwagon, Raptor, Rubicon stickers? Stickers are cheap. Lolz. Predictable.
"never saw this full-size Tremor coming." I'm pretty sure there was a front page article that said ford was going to come out with a power wagon competitor....

I thought running an auto locker up front was a big on road no-no?

"general lack of experience most consumers have with driver-selectable lockers." so jeep and ram owners are smart enough to figure out how to work a locker dial, but ford owners aren't? Thats some shaky ground to stand on.

I think there is a ton of room for easy improvements on the power wagon, but this tremor doesnt seem to address any of those. Ford already has an fx4 package, so for 5 grand more you get some shocks, tires, and a lunchbox locker.

shade

"never saw this full-size Tremor coming." I'm pretty sure there was a front page article that said ford was going to come out with a power wagon competitor....

I thought running an auto locker up front was a big on road no-no?

"general lack of experience most consumers have with driver-selectable lockers." so jeep and ram owners are smart enough to figure out how to work a locker dial, but ford owners aren't? Thats some shaky ground to stand on.

I think there is a ton of room for easy improvements on the power wagon, but this tremor doesnt seem to address any of those. Ford already has an fx4 package, so for 5 grand more you get some shocks, tires, and a lunchbox locker.
It's an LSD, not an auto-locker. Big difference.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Huge diff-erence.

I'll be adding an Yukon autolocker to my front axle when I regear in the future. It does nothing on the street, especially in a Ford when the hubs open. My personal truck never needs 4wd over 20mph in the snow. So the normal autolocker downsides, don't apply to me. I'll consider the Truetrac, but nope.

Screwfly

Honestly, I hope they offer it on a single cab short bed. That would be fun.
For what it is, it's what I built my 350 to be. It's just engineered to work together better than mine was when I bought it and had to redo work from a previous owner.
And I like Fords ergonomics better than Ram, so it's probably on my shopping list when I replace my diesel.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Single cab long bed is the shortest Ford offers. Pretty small truck at that point. That's what I use for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94