Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Ah, the ************ bag Raptor effect.

Pay $20 000 extra for the Raptor Package, then rip every part off, and replace with even more expensive parts. Thus completely ruining the truck. Ebay the old parts to fund vaping, Subaru head gaskets, and DC shoe hats.

Explorerinil

Observer
Looks like a step in the right direction, it’s no power wagon, but it’s a good idea, espically offering the diesel. I give ford credit on this, now take it a step further with a front locker and whinch.

shade

Ah, the ************ bag Raptor effect.

Pay $20 000 extra for the Raptor Package, then rip every part off, and replace with even more expensive parts. Thus completely ruining the truck. Ebay the old parts to fund vaping, Subaru head gaskets, and DC shoe hats.
You know me so well.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
I really like it, and my next truck might just be a tremor. I like the powerwagon, but I've just never been a fan of dodges reliability, and I still dont trust it even after they broke the ram name off on own.

Also, and this is just a personal observation, it seems that every time I see some obnoxious DB doing something rude and selfish in a truck, it's in a ram. I dont want others to look at me and think I'm an ************ just because I drive a ram, hahaha.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
It's the same around here. Ram gets a disproportionate amount of yahoo owners, because they're cheap Fords. Fiat will finance anyone. My dog got a loan application in the mail from them.

End of year sales on Rams, are double the discounts Ford and GM offer. Diesel's can be had at gas truck pricing every year.

Same reason why they get so butt hurt when Ford does something better. Couldn't afford the Ford, so they had to lie to themselves that the Ram was better. Shine a light on that mentality, and they lose their minds.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
When did this become a Ram owner vs Ford owner debate? I honestly hope Ford does it better to make Ram compete. Hell, I’ve been waiting on the TRX for a while now, and if Ram doesn’t do something soon we’re going to see the Raptor with a V-8 first and kill any success the TRX may have had.

I think pigeon holing Ram owners as cheap d-bags is like saying all Raptor owners are flat brimmed a holes. Sure, money may play a factor when deciding how much to spend on a new truck, but if that’s the case why do I see more Raptors than Power Wagons (10-1 easy)? My hunch is a lot of people are financing the ******** out of new trucks (Ram, Ford, and Chevy trucks are easy to get north of $50,000 in multiple trim levels).

Instead of focusing on the owners, let’s put the focus back on the trucks. Is the Tremor a real Power Wagon fighter? Until we see the actual truck we’re just going to be stuck in a long pissing match. I hope it is as good (or better) than the Power Wagon. When Ram released the 2019 HD’s they put the freaking rotary dial for shifting gears on the dash, and at 6’8” my knee sits right on the dial, which means I’m more than likely in my last Ram. I have a lot of hope for the Tremor and a V-8 Raptor. Only time will tell if this truck is as good as Ford claims it is.

shade

It'll be interesting when the Tremor vs Power Wagon comparison tests come out.
Ford & Ram will both happily watch all the hubbub, and reap the profits generated by the free "controversy".

Both are good trucks. Unless something extraordinary is revealed, both makes will have relatively strong & weak points, leaving buyers to decide which features are more important for them.

We are in the midst of a truck sales war and we are the ones that will benefit the most. More options, bigger discounts, it will be the circus of all circus. According to "Ford Authority" quoting a Ford engineer the main reason Tremor was designed was "wheels and tires", saying most owners ditch the factory wheels and tires within the first year. And instead of calling it a performance package it is being called an appearance package. Look at the totality of the Tremor. Wheels, tires, suspension, front air dam are just substitutions for existing parts. There is some driver experience ( traction control and crawl control) that are merely software options no new hardware. The only new real hardware I see is the front axle. Someone that was at the launch mentioned it is a Dana 60-70. That could mean two things. F-250 gets a Dana 60 and F-350 gets a Dana 70. It could also mean that F-250 and F-350 get same front axle with Dana 60 center section with Dana 70 from knuckles out. There is more innovation offerings to buyer in software and electronics than in physical components. That is why it is called a package, Far cheaper for Ford to design around existing components than to create a new component.

Ford just tells the OEM spring or shock supplier they want the component to do X, design and make the part that will do X. It is all number crunching and computer software. Ford goes to Dana and says they want an axle to do X design and make it do X.

I spent 15 years on the OEM component manufacture and supply side. Blame me for the GM Active Fuel Management or Displacement on Demand. I wasn't on the design end of it but on design of the machines to make the lifters and control system.

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
Neither the tremor or the powerwagon will fit well on the trails around here, but they'll still sell like hotcakes. Competition is good, so I'm glad Ford is making this truck!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
2017-Ford-Superduty-Chassis-Cab-B-1.jpg

I don't recall the shocks ever being a problem. No lower than the pumpkin, and it's ok to hit them on things. Res goes up, shaft rod goes down. Just a chuck of billet Al on Kings, and easy to replace. Just avoid any shock with adjusters on the shaft rod end.

Desert Dan

Explorer
2017-Ford-Superduty-Chassis-Cab-B-1.jpg

I don't recall the shocks ever being a problem. No lower than the pumpkin, and it's ok to hit them on things. Res goes up, shaft rod goes down. Just a chuck of billet Al on Kings, and easy to replace. Just avoid any shock with adjusters on the shaft rod end.
The shocks hang down almost as much as the diff and are between the diff and springs. On some vehicles the shocks are mounted closer to the tires and out of the way.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Last time I checked, the Ford rear shocks are a full 4" longer than the Dodge. You have to put that somewhere.

I'd knock a hole in the bed and run the shocks to a hoop near the top of the bedsides. But that wouldn't be very truckish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94