Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Rin,
I like the build of this canopy camper more than the AT Summit. Lose the tailgate lose some weight. Important for the ZR2 Bison. The other details and attention to is cool. Two questions.
  1. You pointed to Goose Gear for the plate system. They make one for the Bison but will the slide out kitchens clear the door opening? The ability to cook inside coffee and outside is a real pleasure.
  2. Is there a website to price out a build? I've checked your website and can't find any prices.
My primary oh I want this is the added water capacity option and the second spare on the door. One is none two is safe.

Hey man! Sorry I missed your post, i have been slammed busy at the shop.

So I sold my Jeep JKUR and after much consideration have chosen to buy a Bison. ? I'm excited to explore this platform and really develop a go to list of sorts for outfitting these rigs. My truck has the 5' bed and my intentions are to remove the second row seat with Goose Gear, install the camp kitchen behind the drivers seat and extend it out the LHS. This will create more camper space, easier fridge access when stopping at breweries and a place to use my stove outside the way of the camper door. I plan on writing up a build thread covering this and other things like a dual battery system, air compressor mount, spring upgrades and other topics rather untouched about these trucks.

rino

Loving my new canopy camper and share a picture of the fairing i made- like it or not seems that and the "beauty panel" (notice in first pic that i do not have the gap caused by the trim sides in the front of the camper) have helped me get back between 2- 2.5 mpg. In the second shot you can see my one problem- share some ideas with me on how i can load the boats on the roof without carrying a @#! ladder
I will post some more pics of the interior build out when I have it finished ~ 2 weeks

My bud Jason from MSO passed your rig in WV!

rino

A few examples of Canopy Camper equipped rigs leaving the OK4WD shop.

F2N3NuK.jpg

https://ok4wd.com/blog/online-garage-2019-toyota-tacoma-sb/

SL6HDY7.jpg

https://ok4wd.com/blog/online-garage-2016-toyota-tacoma-outfitted-alu-cab-canopy-camper/

Y27Z645.jpg

https://ok4wd.com/blog/online-garage-2019-toyota-tacoma-outfitted-alu-cab-canopy-camper/

lumis

Just returned from a 28 day excursion that took me from VA to ID, stopping in CO, UT,ID, MT and WY- Overall i am very pleased with the canopy camper and will post more feedback once things are "back to normal"

Good times! I’m taking mine from the Gulf Coast out to ID, MT, WY and back through CO in a few weeks. So ready to get out of this sauna down here.

rvrboy

So this just happened after looking at all the wedge style pop up's. Haven't done anything with the interior build out yet. I do need to use the truck like a truck, so still trying to figure things out without dedicating all the bed space to a permanent camper setup. Would love to see pictures of how you setup the inside of your camper for trips.

Special thanks to Rin at OK4WD for the camper and Jon from ROKO Vehicles building my rig. Planning my first trip :)

Attachments

• Alu-Cab 062119 01.JPG
    Alu-Cab 062119 01.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 244
  • ALU-CAB Sony Backup Camera Install.JPG
    ALU-CAB Sony Backup Camera Install.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 249
  • WV 1 071419 (2).JPG
    WV 1 071419 (2).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 243

justbecause

perpetually lost
Normally do you sleep on the 70% with the 30% flipped up out of the way, and you lower it just because you want the extra room?

I'm thinking about the kids who are going to sleep down below, they need to be able to come up/down without us having to breakdown the bed down.

is the 154" total bed for the long bed and short bed?

The Bed. :sleep:The Canopy Camper is fitted with the same massive 100" long and 54" wide two part bed platform as our flagship Khaya Camper. This 70/30 platform allows you to keep your bedding not only in the camper but in place while you raise the bed platform for inside living. Along with keeping your bedding in place this allows for couples to enter or leave the platform without the need for the other to get out of bed. (midnight callings) Lastly it is topped with a 75mm (3") foam mattress with removable zippered covers.

lumis

Normally do you sleep on the 70% with the 30% flipped up out of the way, and you lower it just because you want the extra room?

I'm thinking about the kids who are going to sleep down below, they need to be able to come up/down without us having to breakdown the bed down.

is the 154" total bed for the long bed and short bed?

I personally sleep with both parts down with me and the wife up top. It would be possible for me to sleep with the small section flipped up if I needed to. It is not a big deal to just flip it up if someone needed to get up or down etc because each section has its own mattress. This happens all the time after a night of campfires and beers there is always the need to go out and visit the bush :) We sleep with our heads over the small flip-up part and if someone needs to go out we just scoot down for a bit until the other comes back.

A sizing estimate since I don't have exact measurements, On the big bed section I have a full size fitted sheet on it and the small bed section I have a crib fitted sheet on it. If you want the exact measurements I am pulling it out this weekend to pack it for an upcoming trip and will measure for you.

The bed platform is the same size for the long bed and short bed

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
My canopy camper is ordered! Going to be a long couple of months :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone have pictures of their interior buildout that they want to share?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles