2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

webecinya

How much is your build Black Rangie? When will your order arrive? Please post a pic when it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aek50

Adventurer
Reading that the 110 has 38 cubic feet in the back without 3rd row seats and only 32 with the seats when folded down...? The LR4 has 44. Major compromise. Depending on exact dimensions that could get tight for fridge and slide in the back. Speculation on when the 130 comes out?

mpinco

Expedition Leader
A 85 ECU Supercomputer ............... on wheels. As a EE that is cool. As a EE that is a problem. This is not a vehicle for the long term. By that I mean 25+ years. How does a long term owner support that complexity? Dealers will smile.

XJLI

Adventurer
A 85 ECU Supercomputer ............... on wheels. As a EE that is cool. As a EE that is a problem. This is not a vehicle for the long term. By that I mean 25+ years. How does a long term owner support that complexity? Dealers will smile.

You think any other modern truck has less?? All new vehicles are filled with ECUs.

blackangie

How much is your build Black Rangie? When will your order arrive? Please post a pic when it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure, I'm confused though, your previous and only comments have been a little negative. Curious, judging by your sudden interest in my build, arrival, price and pics, did the reveal change things for you?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

blackangie

Reading that the 110 has 38 cubic feet in the back without 3rd row seats and only 32 with the seats when folded down...? The LR4 has 44. Major compromise. Depending on exact dimensions that could get tight for fridge and slide in the back. Speculation on when the 130 comes out?
I noticed in one of the videos above that there is a sliding rear seat option that brings the rear seats forward, or they fold flat.

From what I remember the 90 is 6 months after the 110 and then the 130 6 months after the 90, I think the leaked PowerPoint presentation showed some dates.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
The build page is up. A quick build of the Defender X 110 .............................. $90K+. Then add in extended warranty and tax and you are over $100K.

The depreciation on the new Defender is going to be ugly.

99Discovery

Adventurer
I can't wait to see one in person. Lots I like, lots that concern me. If I take the "Defender" name out of it, I like it a ton. If this was the Discovery 5 reveal, I'd be ecstatic. As a Defender, I'm a bit bummed that it's not as rugged/durable as I'd hoped and relies too much on its electronics.

For the Defender, I had hoped for less wizardry and more of what Benz did when they updated the G-Wagon. I would have been more impressed with the Defender if the marketing video noted (3x manual differential locks) instead of "85 ECUs!"

Still, I'd take a SWB Explorer with the central tire inflation please...

TOUGE

Side profile looks good, i'm not the hugest fan of the front. Will have to wait to see it in person though.

Every single photo of the 110 seems to have the covers on the rear 1/4 windows, does that mean full glass will never be an option?

mpinco

Expedition Leader
I built a 110 base model, steelies, off road and tow package, up charge for heated seats, color, white roof, etc... came to under $60k. If you don't think that's reasonable you're crazy.

Sure, for a 4cyl. The base model with 6 cyl jumps $12K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles