New GMC Jimmy Set to “Take On” the Wrangler! Seriously?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
2022 GMC Jimmy
B346323E-E38B-40DC-9AD1-F618FA2FBE98.jpeg

GMC isn't planning on sitting on its hands while Ford brings back the Bronco SUV to take on Jeep's iconic Wrangler. With Chevrolet having revived its Blazer—onetime sibling to GMC's Jimmy—as a car-based crossover, GMC is taking on the task of delivering a "real" SUV to General Motors customers. Unlike the Blazer, the Jimmy is expected to use good old-fashioned body-on-frame construction and have a rugged 4x4 bent.

Yeah? When are they releasing the model with removable doors and roof then?

(Hey y’all, only 10 more Expo Forum post likes and I’ll break 500...maybe hep me out here some pls. Thx! Woo Hoo! Got it! Thx y’all, Thx!)

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter

Ford and GM will be releasing their removable top SUV's at about a quarter after never.

2/3 of the Jeeps around here never remove their tops anyway, especially if they're 4 door models.

You might as well ask when they'll be releasing their solid-axle, manual transmission versions with unicorn skin seats and perpetual motion engines. :D

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Agree about the top Martin. That's the first thing pointed to whenever a "Jeep-killer" is mentioned but it seems a rarely used option by owners anymore.

Watt maker

2022 GMC Jimmy
View attachment 539871

GMC isn't planning on sitting on its hands while Ford brings back the Bronco SUV to take on Jeep's iconic Wrangler. With Chevrolet having revived its Blazer—onetime sibling to GMC's Jimmy—as a car-based crossover, GMC is taking on the task of delivering a "real" SUV to General Motors customers. Unlike the Blazer, the Jimmy is expected to use good old-fashioned body-on-frame construction and have a rugged 4x4 bent.

(Hey y’all, only 10 more Expo Forum post likes and I’ll break 500...maybe hep me out here some pls. Thx!)

Wrangler rival? Not with those front and rear bumpers! It looks like a lifted Acadia and not much more. Given the latest blazer, this will end up being the same, with a GMC badge on it.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Agree about the top Martin. That's the first thing pointed to whenever a "Jeep-killer" is mentioned but it seems a rarely used option by owners anymore.

Convertible tops in general are beloved by people who don't own or use them.

Convertible tops are like public transportation: Everyone thinks it's a great idea...

...for SOMEONE ELSE. Not them.

There's a reason only a tiny fraction of vehicles made today are convertibles.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

Convertible tops are like public transportation: Everyone thinks it's a great idea...

I miss my old convertible. I'd own another in a heartbeat...

Wildcat.PNG

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
But you don't, do you? ;)

Which is my point. The people who love convertibles the most are the people who don't live with them on a daily basis.
I don't now because of vehicle requirements and other obligations. If I could have a fun vehicle, I would have a convertible.

Likely a Gladiator as it ticks a lot of boxes. Except in my opinion they are stupid expensive and I could buy a more capable half ton truck for less money....

GB_Willys_2014

Competition is good for consumers.

The so-called freedom top, Jeep's version of a t-top, is a nice feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94