Trail use conflicts: the solution is real simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contrecoup

I'm new here, and I've been reading threads about "evil ORV people", and "evil mountain bikers", and "evil horse packers", etc.

Here's a suggestion: when you're out in the woods, be respectful - of others, of the land, of everything you affect. Use your imagination - be aware of the consquences of your activities.

A dose of respect will make many of these conflicts vanish.

jadmt

ignore button user
I'm new here, and I've been reading threads about "evil ORV people", and "evil mountain bikers", and "evil horse packers", etc.

Here's a suggestion: when you're out in the woods, be respectful - of others, of the land, of everything you affect. Use your imagination - be aware of the consquences of your activities.

you are assuming you will run into reasonable and respectful people. I personally have never run into an ORV person or group that were not fine or a horse packer/riders who were not fine or two wheels etc that were not fine it has always been the love mother earth flakes who actually have always been the ones who I have found have left their litter and used toilet paper behind.

Contrecoup

"it has always been the love mother earth flakes who actually have always been the ones who I have found have left their litter and used toilet paper behind"

Keep that respect thing going.

Mike W.

"it has always been the love mother earth flakes who actually have always been the ones who I have found have left their litter and used toilet paper behind"

Keep that respect thing going.
Respect is earned not given. The truth is the mother earthers are the worst at caring for the land they claim to love...Just like the loudest voices on Climate Change never practice what they preach.

What you see on this site isn't blatant disrespect it mostly discourse over the solutions. I might toss arguments at members here but it's over ideology's not personality.

Contrecoup

"The truth is the mother earthers are the worst at caring for the land they claim to love...Just like the loudest voices on Climate Change never practice what they preach."

Behold how restrained and respectful I can be!

You have certainly drunk your share of the "I hate hippies" kool aid.

You have any data to back up your claims?

Mike W.

"The truth is the mother earthers are the worst at caring for the land they claim to love...Just like the loudest voices on Climate Change never practice what they preach."

Data..How about years of enjoying the great outdoors. To assume I hate anyone does what assume normally does it makes an ass out of you..every group has good and bad..those who rant the loudest by my personal experience are the biggest part of the problem..My opinion completely..no Data to back it up..Data, we don't need no stinking Data..or was the badges..

jadmt

ignore button user
Data..How about years of enjoying the great outdoors. To assume I hate anyone does what assume normally does it makes an ass out of you..every group has good and bad..those who rant the loudest by my personal experience are the biggest part of the problem..My opinion completely..no Data to back it up..Data, we don't need no stinking Data..or was the badges..
Ditto. My opinions are based on my actual experiences.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer

Air is crystal clear where I'm at. I don't need filthy cali folks deciding what I should or shouldn't do. People should clean up their own homes before preaching about elsewhere.

attachment.php

I'll second that it's hippies and city folk littering the most in our parks and tourist areas.

But foreign tourists have the record for ''per person'' litter. No point in mentioning which, you already know.

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user

You have any data to back up your
A wise man once said to me "The plural of anecdote is not data."
Kind of like when the data says it is going to be sunny and 80 degrees with no chance of rain yet I am standing in the rain and it is 45 degrees and I am supposed to go with the data when deciding what to wear for the day. I will take my personal experience over what someone else's data tells me is good for me.

shade

So ...

Welcome to ExPo! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior