Australian and British bloggers arrested in Iran

From an article I read...

"Miss King and her boyfriend were allegedly flying their drone near Tehran to take picture to show how supposedly dangerous countries are "safe for visitors" for their travel blog. "

You know, if you want to truely visit a country, you should really see the inside of a prison too. Get the whole experience.

jhmoore

They are home. And god help them may someday read all the nasty stuff trolls wrote here and on their channel.

billiebob

I really wish I could know what really happened.
likely you never will. As they said, they are not commenting as any comments can affect others held too. The best thing for all concerned is a well thought out and simple press release. It is unfortunate we insist on hearing all the details.

GHI

Adventurer
likely you never will. As they said, they are not commenting as any comments can affect others held too. The best thing for all concerned is a well thought out and simple press release. It is unfortunate we insist on hearing all the details.

Why is it unfortunate that folks want to hear details? It’s an Interesting story.

GHI

Adventurer
Fwiw,
I dont precisely think ”unfortunate”. But definitely creepy.
I’d wager 1,000 pennies there will be a book within 24 months. Will we see it on the “what are you reading thread?”

Last edited:
Reactions: plh

Rumpig

Adventurer
Not much to learn really....they were taken so that Iran could get thier own guy back. He's been held in custody here the past 13 months and was due for extradition to the U.S. but is now back in Iran instead. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09...d-of-exporting-us-radar-gear-to-iran/10248254
The Government has worked very hard through diplomatic channels … to secure their release as well as to ensure they were treated appropriately while they were detained," she said.
"We have done that discreetly and I would note that each case of an Australian unfortunately detained overseas is different and requires a specific and particular response."
Iranian scientist will not be extradited to US
Later on Saturday Iranian state TV showed University of Queensland research student Reza Dehbashi Kivi returning home after 13 months in custody in Australia over allegations he exported American equipment for detecting stealth planes or missiles to Iran, circumventing US sanctions.

Last edited:

DorB

Adventurer
Not much to learn really....they were taken so that Iran could get thier own guy back. He's been held in custody here the past 13 months and was due for extradition to the U.S. but is now back in Iran instead.]
So no drones and no braking the Iranian law..

Well, I have a bunch of used hats to serve to some people here who made assumptions and claims regarding the charges and “stupidity” etc.

I’m willing to add some water so the hats would go down easier.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer

Well, I have a bunch of used hats to serve to some people here who made assumptions and claims regarding the charges and “stupidity” etc.

Still doesn't change a thing. The World knows what kind of ************** the Iranians are going back to the '70s when they stormed the American Embassy. Nothings changed. These two put their own lives at risk by going to a country known for taking foreigners hostage over drummed up charges. It doesn't matter why they were taken just that they put themselves in that position. It's too bad that's what happened but it's not like it was overly surprising.

Rumpig

Adventurer

having followed this couples adventures for quite a while now and seen how often they use a drone in thier videos, odds are they very well could of been flying a drone, but being none of us were there to see for ourselves, everyone can only speculate as to how thier detention occurred.....but pretty obviiius it was only ever about getting thier own guy back regardless. As long as the other Australian lady is still being held in detention, it's unlikely any details will get released.

DorB

Adventurer
Still doesn't change a thing. The World knows what kind of ************** the Iranians are going back to the '70s when they stormed the American Embassy. Nothings changed. These two put their own lives at risk by going to a country known for taking foreigners hostage over drummed up charges. It doesn't matter why they were taken just that they put themselves in that position. It's too bad that's what happened but it's not like it was overly surprising.
No argue Iran’s regime is problematic and unpredictable.

I’m referring to those who’s comment varied from “Iran is a wonderful place and probably they did something wrong/they are reckless/stupid/they disrespected the Iranian regime/blablabla...”

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
No argue Iran’s regime is problematic and unpredictable.

I’m referring to those who’s comment varied from “Iran is a wonderful place and probably they did something wrong/they are reckless/stupid/they disrespected the Iranian regime/blablabla...”

So now the story changed some but still no one here knows the real truth of exactly what happened you're ASSuming that everyone else here is wrong and they did nothing wrong? Yeah sure, and unicorns dance with purple frogs right?
You don't know the truth anymore than the rest of us so get off your high horse and come back to the real world, THEY put themselves there and THEY did something to attract the attention of the regime, I'm pretty sure the regime wasn't driving around looking for some westerners to hold hostage in an exchange plan and stumbled onto these bloggers by accident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles