Winter is on it's way.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
It's getting near that time to break out the thermal Draws and start dressing like Nanook of the North, I love the Cold but I hate being Cold, I think I got Winter well and Truly Covered.:cool:

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
We're waiting for some winter to hit. It was 92° yesterday and we haven't had any measurable rain since June. I'm sure I'll be complaining when winter really hits but a little fall weather would be nice.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I haven't seen 92* in about 4 months In the UK, back home that was the norm, this past week I have seen Heavy Rain and Hail and Thunder and Lightning and mild Sunny days with it dropping down to 46/48* at night, I'm seeing all 4 seasons in one day, Weather has gone nutz,

I just ordered 8 sets of thermal Tops and Draws before they put the price up, I got enough Cold weather gear to get me though any thing Winter has to offer.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Maybe I spoke too soon, I went to the shops this evening and what I thought was light rain when I looked up under the street lighting turned out to be Snow, Snow in the first week of October is not normal weather over here, In fact it's not normal to see it until January as a rule,

I think we might be in for a stinker of a winter this year, Hope So, Just like the one back in 62/63.

762X39

Explorer
We have winter all over Canada. It is never unusual to have snow on or before our Thanksgiving (this weekend). This is a picture from my Moose hunt at the camp near Gogama in 2006. I was wearing a t shirt the day before. I still hopped into the canoe and paddled to the pothole lake 1/2 km up river. IM000028.JPG
This is what it looked like a couple of days before...IMG_0137 (Medium).JPG

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Nice Pics, ?

When I was in my teens I use to go canoeing every winter in the snow, I didn't need an excuse to go 20/25 miles in a day, I loved it.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I'll second that. 3 hours south of me in Calgary last week they had 25 cm fall already. More snow fell earlier this week I believe. So far, no snow here yet, just chilly temps....

Knock on wood.
I would love to go to Canada In Winter, I just been watching all the Canadian News footage of the Snow storms from back in January to March this year, Incredible weather, It's been a life long ambition but hopefully I will get the chance within now and next year.

Photobug

We got 500 inches of snow last winter. July, August and September are the only months it did not snow this year in Wyoming. I am looking forward to winter, but not the mud season.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
We got 500 inches of snow last winter. July, August and September are the only months it did not snow this year in Wyoming. I am looking forward to winter, but not the mud season.
Good Lord, That's well over 41ft of snow :love: Oh I would be in Heaven if I could play in that just for a day let alone 9 months of the year :love: ?

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Still hitting the 90s here. We did get a couple of days of 70s last week but that was just Mother Nature doing a head fake and she's back with the Easy-Bake-Oven again.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I went to the local food store yesterday about 200 yards away to try out a new pair of boots I just got and it was trying to Snow again. Little tiny bits of Snow, I have never seen that happen this early in the year before so hopefully we are going to get a Bucket Load when the time comes. ?

Photobug

Good Lord, That's well over 41ft of snow :love: Oh I would be in Heaven if I could play in that just for a day let alone 9 months of the year :love: ?

You only get to play in it 4 or 5 months of the year. April is a nice change from winter, but muddy. October and November are just muddy. 41 feet makes for good skiing but also a lot of shoveling. I paid a group of guys $300+ dollars to shovel my roof because i could not afford to fall off it and couldn't afford having the roof collapse. Photos from today at the park.20191020_160459.jpg20191020_144612.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles